MQL4/MQL5 limitation - page 2

Anthony Garot:

Does your broker handle MQL4 or MQL5 or both?

its ICmarkets it has both MT4 and MT5 im only guessing that MT5 is written in MQL5

Carl Schreiber:

Well MT5(MQL5) is the newer product and the one that is upgraded and kept up to date even with articles (a wonderful source!!) - while for MT4(MQL4) only errors are eliminated once and while, but as far as I know there are more brokers for MT4 than MT5.

To get an idea how long it might take to learn programming take an EA from here and study its code by changing it and see what is happening.

Two hints:

1. If you see a function that you don't understand place the cursor above it and press F1 before you ask here - this takes milliseconds to get an answer.
  2. If you still don't understand start searching (top right) or google - this takes some minutes to get an answer.
  3. If you ask here this might take some hours until s.o. reads and answers you question!

Assessing my abilities myself thats a brilliant idea, im definitely checking that out

Thanks a lot

If you can describe your trading strategy and capture accurate images from the chart, your trading strategy has big chance to convert to Expert adviser.

I'm agree with Enrique Dangeroux. If you convert your visual trading strategy to fuzzy or crisp if-then rules, programmers can do it in most of programming languages, even you can create external dll for visual pattern recognition with matlab.

CrisZind:

its ICmarkets it has both MT4 and MT5 im only guessing that MT5 is written in MQL5

Then learn MQL5.

Geez man thats a lot of information in this post, i knew it would be a good idea asking ..

Gentlemen all your participation is leading somewhere i appreciate all your answers i guess i am more focused now on what the next step is going to be

Reason: