Latency Arbitrage and HFT

I've been a manual trader for the last 3 years and have recently become obsessed with automated trading.

After doing a fair amount of research, a method caught my eye: Latency Arbitrage (AKA HFT)

I do understand that not all brokers allow this. I've done my due diligence and identified a couple that do allow it. I have been eyeballing the <> $499

Before doing this. I would like to know if anyone here has any form of experience or knowledge with this topic, because I have very little.

All feedback is appreciated! Thanks in advance. 

If i had very little i would not even think about spending $500 on one product.

MasterShark:

I've been a manual trader for the last 3 years and have recently become obsessed with automated trading.

After doing a fair amount of research, a method caught my eye: Latency Arbitrage (AKA HFT)

I do understand that not all brokers allow this. I've done my due diligence and identified a couple that do allow it. I have been eyeballing the <> $499

Before doing this. I would like to know if anyone here has any form of experience or knowledge with this topic, because I have very little.

All feedback is appreciated! Thanks in advance. 

Don't bother! It is no longer practical (for many years now) and even when it still occasionally occurs (but very seldom), you will get killed by the spread and/or commission!

Marco vd Heijden:

If i had very little i would not even think about spending $500 on one product.

A mere $500 is a incredibly small investment. If you can't afford to lose $500, you probably shouldn't be in the trading industry. 

Fernando Carreiro:

Don't bother! It is no longer practical (for many years now) and even when it still occasionally occurs (but very seldom), you will get killed by the spread and/or commission!

Thank you for this feedback. 

Reason: