Display or Record Calculations in an EA

I designed a trading system using Excel, and then had the system coded into an EA.   Is there a way to either display the individual calculations in the EA... or record the values in the trading history?   Essentially I want to verify the math and logic to see if it conforms to the math and logic of my Excel workbook.

Thanks!

RTaylor: I designed a trading system using Excel, and then had the system coded into an EA.   Is there a way to either display the individual calculations in the EA... or record the values in the trading history?   Essentially I want to verify the math and logic to see if it conforms to the math and logic of my Excel workbook.

Yes! You will have to look into the code or add extra debugging code to have it print out to the logs the extra information.

I am assuming however, that you requested and obtained the source code of the EA that was built for you! If you only got a ".ex4" or ".ex5" file and not the corresponding ".mq4" or ".mq5", then you are out of luck. If that is the case then I suggest contacting the coder and requesting those, and hoping he is not going to charge you more for it.

When, requesting for anything to be coded, ALWAYS make sure that providing the source code will be the first requirement of the job!

Fernando Carreiro:

Yes! You will have to look into the code or add extra debugging code to have it print out to the logs the extra information.

I am assuming however, that you requested and obtained the source code of the EA that was built for you! If you only got a ".ex4" or ".ex5" file and not the corresponding ".mq4" or ".mq5", then you are out of luck. If that is the case then I suggest contacting the coded and requesting those, and hoping he is not going to charge you more for it.

When, requesting for anything to be coded, ALWAYS make sure that providing the source code will be the first requirement of the job!

Thank you Fernando.   Yes, I requested the EA and the coder professionally delivered it to me, with open mq4 and a library file.   I will ask him if he can/will do this, but at the same time, I'm trying lo learn MT4 myself.   So it sounds like from your response that I should probably look for examples of debugging code (or see if its in there already, but marked out).

I appreciate your response.

Reason: