Can't debug after successful compile, can't see EA in Terminal after compile

Hi All,

I'm trying to debug a EA after successful compilation but the debug icons in the Meta Editor are all grayed out. I've also noticed that I can't see the compiled EA in the terminal's navigator. 

I created the EA using the wizard in

C:\Users\arghmql5\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Projects\

1) Why won't the editor transfer the compiled EA to the experts folder?

2) Why can't I debug a successfully compiled EA?

3) Why isn't the Terminal showing the compiled EA?

4) Why when I create a new window in the editor, it forces the new window to sync to an existing window showing same file?

thanks

arghmq5:

Hi All,

I'm trying to debug a EA after successful compilation but the debug icons in the Meta Editor are all grayed out. I've also noticed that I can't see the compiled EA in the terminal's navigator. 

I created the EA using the wizard in

C:\Users\arghmql5\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075\MQL5\Projects\

1) Why won't the editor transfer the compiled EA to the experts folder?

2) Why can't I debug a successfully compiled EA?

3) Why isn't the Terminal showing the compiled EA?

4) Why when I create a new window in the editor, it forces the new window to sync to an existing window showing same file?

thanks

This started happening to me this morning after the terminal updated. My indicators are saved in the Projects folder, but they are not being copied across to the Indicators folder upon compilation as they should be. My guess is it is a permissions problem. 

Copy over the contents of your Projects folder to the newly appeared folder 'Shared Projects' - then it works as it used to. 

Tom Clayson:

This started happening to me this morning after the terminal updated. My indicators are saved in the Projects folder, but they are not being copied across to the Indicators folder upon compilation as they should be. My guess is it is a permissions problem. 

That worked for me. I can't see anything in the release notes for this.

arghmq5: That worked for me. I can't see anything in the release notes for this.

It is described in quite a bit of detail here: MetaTrader 5 Platform Beta Build 1700: Projects in MetaEditor and Synthetic financial instruments

Reason: