Running Two EA's seeming to not work...

Hi All,

I'm trying to run the same EA on two different instruments, I've initialised them both on different graphs, they both have the smiley face icon at the top right corner...but only one of the instruments is actually executing trades.

Any idea's?

Thanks

Using OrdersTotal directly and/or no Magic number filtering on your OrderSelect loop means your code is incompatible with every EA (including itself on other charts and manual trading.)
          Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum

whroeder1:
Using OrdersTotal directly and/or no Magic number filtering on your OrderSelect loop means your code is incompatible with every EA (including itself on other charts and manual trading.)
          Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum
Thank you very much!

whroeder1:

Hi again whroeder1,

sorry for the late reply...

I've been through the above linked thread and I'm still stuck.

My EA doesn't use an order select function, is there a way I can overcome this and allow trades to occur on multiple instruments?

I figure I need to set a different magic number for each instrument in the order send function, but I am lost for ware on how to identify which instrument the EA is currently operating on.

Any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated!!

RainyDay:

Hi again whroeder1,

sorry for the late reply...

I've been through the above linked thread and I'm still stuck.

My EA doesn't use an order select function, is there a way I can overcome this and allow trades to occur on multiple instruments?

I figure I need to set a different magic number for each instrument in the order send function, but I am lost for ware on how to identify which instrument the EA is currently operating on.

Any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated!!

1. Maybe you need to check the "trigger" that is used to open an order. Then check it in the chart that you attched the EA into.

2. Check the code if you give some "filter" to the instrument..

3. Check the code if any maximum allowed orders..

RainyDay: I've been through the above linked thread and I'm still stuck.
Since you can't understand the information provided, your only choice is Freelance
Reason: