How To Stop Out of Control Experts Tab from Logging?

Hi there,

I added some logging code to my EA and due to an ill thought through change, the logging got caught in a tight loop and now, the Experts Tab is spewing out comments. If I shut down MT4 and MT Editor and go back, it keeps on outputting the comments. I've tried deleting log files but nothing helps. I don't know where MT4 is caching these entries but I'd love to know how to stop this thing! :)

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Why would you think deleting the log files would do anything to the EA? All you did was restart the EA. You need to stop the EA and then fix it. Right click -> expert advisor -> remove.

Aimak:

Close the chart containing the EA

@Aimak - that did the trick! Thank you. The chart I was working with was loaded with the debugger. When the debugger stopped, the chart disappeared, but, the logging continued. However, I looked through some of my other charts and I had inadvertently left an instance of the EA on a "live" chart. As soon as I closed that, the problem went away.

Thank you again for your help and assistance. It's much appreciated.

Cheers!

--G

whroeder1:
Why would you think deleting the log files would do anything to the EA? All you did was restart the EA. You need to stop the EA and then fix it. Right click -> expert advisor -> remove.

@whroeder1, thanks for your comments. If you refer to my earlier response, I hadn't realised that there was a copy of the EA on a different chart. I was simply working with the debugger and when I stopped debugging, the log just continued. I assumed that this information was being cached somewhere because when I re-loaded MT4, it just restarted the output in the Expert window. I figured that if this was the case, the comments were being cached in a file of some sort. If so, delete the file, the problem might go away. Hence my thoughts on my approach.

I'm aware how to remove the EA but thanks for the heads up anyway.

Cheers,

--G 

Reason: