Strategy Tester Does Not Work After First Time Execution After Installing

I downloaded MT5 and performed the installation.  I was able to get the sample EA to work and display arrows.  Every subsequent execution locks up and is not running.

I did an uninstall and reinstall and it did the same thing again.

The EA makes a connection then appears hung and not progressing, then disconnects.

rono:

I downloaded MT5 and performed the installation.  I was able to get the sample EA to work and display arrows.  Every subsequent execution locks up and is not running.

I did an uninstall and reinstall and it did the same thing again.

The EA makes a connection then appears hung and not progressing, then disconnects.

Yes, it is buggy as I had the same problem. I did not need to uninstall MT5. I just turn everything off and then turn on the program again. In MQL5, select compile on the EA before you go back to terminal.

waterhorse:
Yes, it is buggy as I had the same problem. I did not need to uninstall MT5. I just turn everything off and then turn on the program again. In MQL5, select compile on the EA before you go back to terminal.
I rebooted my PC and tried testing.  I stopped and started both agents (back to the "ready" mode) and still not working.

We know about this problem, and we are working on it.

alexvd:

We know about this problem, and we are working on it.

from rono problem which disconnected i think it come from EA code ( wrong function coding but no error when compiling ) try to update your MT5.

i got same condition but not for disconnected or stuck.

after loading all history data which needed by EA strategy tester starting with nothing. i assume this is balance line, like this ----------- then EA start open order like normally and balance line/ graph show me actual condition of trades. i never found this before.

Reason: