How to make product file? - page 2

Marco vd Heijden:

As far as i am concerned the customer that orders the job will get the sales rights over the created product.

He is the one that is setting out the sequence of logical actions as well as the paying party.

It's his idea's and his money, and so it will be his product.

Without these elements, there would simply be no product.

Absolutely correct! Assuming that is the case, then it is his product to sell as he has earned the Commercial rights! However, he does not have the right to alter the Copyright notice to be in his name instead of the the author, nor can the author concede that right to him without the proper bureaucracy.

But even with all that ignored, I have greater difficulty believing that a coder was actually hired, because one would expect the "buyer" to at least know what he requested to be coded and then know how the code is supposed to work in the end. One would not expect such a buyer to be unaware of how to set the EA's parameters and tell a potential customer that they cannot be changed because they are the default (and even question his own words), and 3 months later then suddenly update the response with instructions on how to do it.

However, my opinion or my suspicions have no value and MetaQuotes will not bother investigating the issue, because I am not the affected party. It really does not matter what I say here, nor do I wish to debate it any further, because it will get us nowhere.

Marco vd Heijden:

As far as i am concerned the customer that orders the job will get the sales rights over the created product.

That is true if the job has been executed in the Freelance section, here in mql5, because the rules of that section are stipulated that way, but OP has not requested any job in that section and outside it, any job requested to a programmer is governed by the agreement between the parties. The programmer may not transmit the commercial rights on the product resulting from his code, depending on the price charged. For example, if you ask a programmer for a job, if it is for your personal use, he may charge you a price (much lower), but if you want to sell the product, then maybe he will charge you a much higher price. If it is done outside the Freelance section, everything depends on the agreement between the parties , because in that case the rules of that section are not applicable.

In addition to this, what would happen if a programmer gives a copy of an EA to a friend, only for his personal use, and that friend distributes it to other friends, and in the end the EA reaches someone who decides to sell it on his own without the consent of the author ?? That would also be correct ?? And if someone, has decompiled it?

Marco vd Heijden:

It's his idea's and his money, and so it will be his product.

It is not always his idea, and he has not always paid enough to have the commercial rights on the product.

I agree with Fernando, since I have the same suspicions as him. I think MetaQuotes should investigate this matter because all indications point to OP did not hire any programmer to develop any idea, but that the origin of the EA seems to be unknown.

Regards.

Reason: