How much time you consider enough to test a strategy before operate in real account and conditions? - page 2

i really wanted to answer this pool, but i miss one answer - "depends on the EA" ;)

angreeee:

.... You never know....

.... Again. All depends on strategy, on what you want to accomplish, and on many different things ....

Note, I just asked you two questions and they are not my opinion about.

Anyway, talking about market, sometimes you say that we never know, and sometimes that all depends on strategy and many different things.

In this sense, I have a third question: what is correct for you, never know, know something regarding on many different things or both?

figurelli:

Note, I just asked you two questions and they are not my opinion about.

Anyway, talking about market, sometimes you say that we never know, and sometimes that all depends on strategy and many different things.

In this sense, I have a third question: what is correct for you, never know, know something regarding on many different things or both?

I think I made my point that in my opinion (I have a right to to have one) the whole question is just wrong. Question like that is too general.  I prefer to understand how it works and then draw conclusions on how much testing needs to be done. (like i would need much testing for angry beaver, i dont trust "brilliant EAs" that mathematics are hidden). Market is a living organism - it always changes. Trying to make it safe is a waste of time. These days people need too much security, and take on too little risk. Losing is good, when you fail you learn the most (if youre not stupid). Losing is the only path to winning. Like George Carlin was saying "Take a f... chance!!". I now look at all these forex traders i tried to convince to invest in cryptocurrencies when they were 10x cheaper than now. they made 10-20% income, while ccs gave 1000%. Too risky they said, they may fall to 0, they said. they did not take time to understand it they just look how they perform at the chart and they still are not convinced. People are stuck with their security and things they know, they learn very slow because that need of security and their lack of knowledge which is ofter a result of that need. Its all huge waste of time and a waste of life, we are not immortal and the world is full of opportunities like cryptos, just waiting to make decisive and informed action on them. Its a shame i understood it so late. Money we can get again after losing them - especially fiat currency is really worthless in longer run, (every fiat currency fails after less than half of the century and dollar that is linked to all fiat currencies in the world is going to fail in the next max 10 years causing, a disastrous effects! all these "rich" people that think rich means only many numbers typed in some bank's or broker's computer will be wiped out) what is priceless is knowledge. Better to gain as much knowledge and experience as possible. We will need most it in the next years to come.

I think i expressed myself clear the last time, IDK why i need to explain it even more. I said all i wanted to say, If you were not administrator, i would have thought that you are just asking this question to get higher rating and more points, as this question is really shallow, while the issue is very deep and goes far beyond the testing time.

Mobile Trading Platform MetaTrader 5
Mobile Trading Platform MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Mobile trading is an exciting possibility to analyze price dynamics and execute trade operations in financial markets from anywhere in the world. And now its available with MetaTrader 5 Mobile Trading Software.

i always hear that my English is very good. (i would not go that far) Actually its the the most received complement i get form everyone, yet i don't understand your questions. Like: 

"what is correct for you, never know, know something regarding on many different things or both?" 

what the hell does that mean?! I think you can find answer to whatever you wanted to ask in my responses. Asking about time testing of EAs is making deep issue shallow. Its like asking "how much time you need to learn MQL4?" - depends on the person, on what person wants to learn (writing his own scripts or working in groups on scripts), on person's experience in programming field, on tons of other things. I know a guy that was learning MQL4 for 1+year, for me it took few days. (because i already programmed in 20+ languages, he did not) Knowing that i could not answer the question "how long it is going to take to learn MQL4?" with only definite answers. I think i should get back to work instead of stating the obvious.

angreeee:

I think I made my point that in my opinion (I have a right to to have one) the whole question is just wrong. Question like that is too general.

Yes you have a right, and thanks for sharing. 

By the way, I have a right to create general questions too :-) 

sadly there is no bullet proof strategy what happen in the past doesn't mean is going to  happen in the present so why test it for 6 months the market is unpredictable

need more than a years, in my experience, i have very strong hedging system, but it get margin call and only survive 8 month.

DianKemala:
need more than a years, in my experience, i have very strong hedging system, but it get margin call and only survive 8 month.
Thanks for sharing, in this case, what you do after get margin, just change the input values (setup) or double check the algorithms?

Hello, 

For me, one day is a little way, it is a day of observation. 

After a week, a good overview of the strategy is felt. 

Within a month, depending on the quality and value of the strategy, the first apréciations are felt ... and the desire to trade settles. But it's still early because I like to see the behavior of the strategy to address the first Friday of the month always hectic. 

After three months is a good time for me. For six months is too long ... Life is short ... :-)!
Reason: