What if I restart my computer or shut it down

Hello,

I'm all new to this and when my friend told me a bit about it I was all in at the mention of getting some extra money for the pc resources that I provide.

The only thing is that Microsoft sometimes just throws arround some updates I want to install to keep my home ketwork etc safe and the problem is that I couldn't find any answer to the question: What happens when I just shut down the computer while the strategy tester is still running?

Could someone please give me a quick and short answer to that or explain to me what could happen, please.

Kind regards,
Nico M.

P.S.: Can I also run the tester on Linux (Debian, my Raspberry Pi 3 or Ubuntu) to provide some resources of my old pcs?

EAs must be coded to recover. If the power fails, OS crashes, terminal or chart is accidentally closed, on the next tick, any static/global ticket variables will have been lost. You will have an open order but don't know it, so the EA will never try to close it, trail SL, etc. How are you going to recover? Use a OrderSelect loop to recover, or persistent storage (GV+flush or files) of ticket numbers required.
Reason: