Is it safe to use VPS provided by MQL5 forum ? - page 2

nicholishen: Or simply use a third-party VPS...

The same "paranoia" would apply as was stated in my post:

... yes because it could be stollen by MetaTrader or by the compiler or by the code editor or by your Operating System or by the Internet Provider, etc.

And that is why I gave the answer to that "paranoia" as:

... why not just use your own Powerful array of PCs with your own redundant dedicated Internet lines, protected with top-of-the-line UPS power system!

nicholishen:

Or simply use a third-party VPS...

There is no difference. Your EA will still be "exposed". 

Why would you care someone "steal" your EA? One has to know how to run this EA, ie maintain it, from simple optimizing over time to the superduper artificial machine learning, the difference being none. If you do not understand the vehicle, it is dificult to operate with real money :)

Besides why would you care. Worst case scenario happen would have no affect at you at all!

nicholishen: Or simply use a third-party VPS...

I am obviously just messing about and joking, as the OP has already made his decision, but the only "paranoid" solution is not to trade at all! That is the only garanteed way that no one copies our EAs or even our trading strategies!

Fernando Carreiro:

I am obviously just messing about and joking, as the OP has already made his decision, but the only "paranoid" solution is not to trade at all! That is the only garanteed way that no one copies our EAs or even our trading strategies!

Yes, but MQ has both Admin access to your VPS AND knowledge of your trading history. If they want your EA there is nothing stopping them from taking it. A third-party VPS has no clue what an EA is or does nor do they care or monitor that kind of thing, so even for the slightly-paranoid a 3rd party VPS is a good compromise, IMO.

Well, it will take time before brokers notice your EA that its making money, but as long that you belong to an honest and good broker I guess their will be no problem about it, or the best option is to have your PC run 24 hrs with all the UPS backup and high speed internet connections so that you are sure that your EA cannot be stolen by outsiders.

Reason: