Indicator open tick - data mismatch - technical programming question

Hi Users,

I have a bug that i need a solution to fix.

this is the issue

1) A signal is received on New Candle

2) The chart is opened as a template

3) A trade is taken based on the chart indicators

HOWEVER, this is the issue

The indicators are giving me a different result if a) the chart stays open on a new bar or b) the chart is opened as a template after signal received on new bar

It is like the data from the first few minutes before opening of the chart template in case "b" is not taken in account in favor of the first tick at the time the chart is opened

The indicators are CODED to work with new bar but I do not see it helping my case.

any ideas? I would prefer a better solution than to keep multiple charts open just to get the first tick data and indicator synced

P.S. I also need to mention that Backtest shows the same issue, It works correctly at the time of backtest but not at the time of opening the live chart after the new candle open tick

Nathan Moss:

Hi Users,

I have a bug that i need a solution to fix.

this is the issue

1) A signal is received on New Candle

2) The chart is opened as a template

3) A trade is taken based on the chart indicators

HOWEVER, this is the issue

The indicators are giving me a different result if a) the chart stays open on a new bar or b) the chart is opened as a template after signal received on new bar

It is like the data from the first few minutes before opening of the chart template in case "b" is not taken in account in favor of the first tick at the time the chart is opened

The indicators are CODED to work with new bar but I do not see it helping my case.

any ideas? I would prefer a better solution than to keep multiple charts open just to get the first tick data and indicator synced

P.S. I also need to mention that Backtest shows the same issue, It works correctly at the time of backtest but not at the time of opening the live chart after the new candle open tick

Can be a bug or a design flaw (repainting indicator(s)). Not sure how you are hoping help about a bug without showing any code.

Alain Verleyen:
Can be a bug or a design flaw (repainting indicator(s)). Not sure how you are hoping help about a bug without showing any code.

Hi Alain, Thank you for taking the time to reply to the question. If it is a repaint indicator, then would it be technically possible to hire a programmer to change the code to use the new candle open tick regardless of the time that the indicator is opened on a new chart after the fact of a new candle was already opened?

Nathan Moss:

Hi Alain, Thank you for taking the time to reply to the question. If it is a repaint indicator, then would it be technically possible to hire a programmer to change the code to use the new candle open tick regardless of the time that the indicator is opened on a new chart after the fact of a new candle was already opened?

It's not possible to answer in general. Maybe yes maybe no.
Reason: