calling buffer from ex5 indicator

HI, 

Just wondering how exactly you call an indicators specific buffer with only an ex5 file? 

With source code it is obvious as you can see them 0,1,2,3,4 etc. 

With ex5 I have no idea what buffer matches to which number and how to reference/call that specific buffer. Especially if there are 6 buffers in one indicator. Obviously trial and error would eventually work, but there must be a more logical way of finding this out.  

If someone could please let me know how that would be fantastic! 

Regards. 

If it's not documented, only trial and error unfortunately.

Just from memory, maybe I'm wrong.

In the data window of MT5 terminal, the indicators data is displayed - each buffer with it's short name and current price (where the cursor stands).

Then, you point on the chart on the different buffers and look for it's names.

Thank you both for your answers. 

Amir Yacoby:

Just from memory, maybe I'm wrong.

In the data window of MT5 terminal, the indicators data is displayed - each buffer with it's short name and current price (where the cursor stands).

Then, you point on the chart on the different buffers and look for it's names.

So ? What will you do with this name ?

You need an index to use a buffer, there is no relation between the name and the unknown index.

Amir Yacoby: Just from memory, maybe I'm wrong. In the data window of MT5 terminal, the indicators data is displayed - each buffer with it's short name and current price (where the cursor stands).
Unless the code specifically hides a buffer SetIndexLabel(i, NULL)

Alain Verleyen:

So ? What will you do with this name ?

You need an index to use a buffer, there is no relation between the name and the unknown index.

Unless they are arranged by sequence of index number

whroeder1:
Unless the code specifically hides a buffer SetIndexLabel(i, NULL)

That is correct but it is for MQL4, isn't it? MQL5 has PlotIndexSetString

Amir Yacoby:

Unless they are arranged by sequence of index number
Yes but you have no way to be sure about that, so we came back to "trial and error".
Reason: