Discussion of article "DiNapoli trading system"

New article DiNapoli trading system has been published:

The article describes the Fibo levels-based trading system developed by Joe DiNapoli. The idea behind the system and the main concepts are explained, as well as a simple indicator is provided as an example for more clarity.

DiNapoli levels are inherently support and resistance levels, although their interpretation is more deep as compared to conventional levels. They are based on Fibo levels and apply the so-called market swing (see below) or, more simply, a trend. We need only three Fibo levels to build DiNapoli ones: 61.8%, 50% and 38.2%. These are the levels to be used on your chart as support and resistance ones. The Fibo levels are plotted upwards in case of an uptrend and downwards in case of a downtrend.

Market swing

Author: Roman Vashchilin

Thank you for your excellent article and explanation.
But sorry, I can not see the difference on the two images "Wrong placement of Fibo Levels" and "Correct placement of Fibo Levels.

Roberto Jacobs:

Thank you for your excellent article and explanation.
But sorry, I can not see the difference on the two images "Wrong placement of Fibo Levels" and "Correct placement of Fibo Levels.

Yes, the screenshot has not been replaced by the correct one, we will soon fix it.

Roman Vashchilin:

Yes, the screenshot has not been replaced by the correct one, we will soon fix it.

Many thanks Roman.

Roberto Jacobs:

Many thanks Roman.

Correctly set the levels you need as in the first screenshot.

Roman Vashchilin:

Ok.. thank you for explanation.

Hi 

Can someone help me on how to use this Indicator within a EA that I am using for back testing. When the Ontick() is called, it has to fetch data from the DiNapoli indicator and give me the price information for start line, stop line, target line e.t.c

I placed the indicator code available within Oncalculate into a function called DiNapoli_Levels(parqm1, param2,etc //same parameters available within Oncalculate). But to call this on Ontick function, I need to know the parameters to supply for this function. I have clue on what values needs to be passed. Please if someone can help, it would really great..

Thanks. 

Hi, please is ther any indicator for mt4 for dinapoli levels? I dont like the indicator name dinapoli targets. is it the same, dinapoli levels indicator and dinapoli targets?

Roman Vashchilin:

Roman Vashchilin:

Hi, please is ther any indicator for mt4 for dinapoli levels? I dont like the indicator name dinapoli targets. is it the same, dinapoli levels indicator and dinapoli targets?

This is a very fantastic indicator. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Reason: