Download MetaTrader 5

Why the downloaded historical datas are not compltet?

To add comments, please log in or register
thomas2004
thomas2004  

Hi,

I want to do a back testing and before I do this I download first the historical datas of USD/EUR of 15min. But as I run the back testing I got error that "...TestGenerator: no history data 'EURUSD15' from 2017.06.01 to 2017.06.08".

In fact, as I open the downloaded historical data sheet, the historical datas from 2017.06.01 to 2017.06.08 are really not there. But strangely the datas before 2017.0527 and after 2017.08.18 are there. Why?

hist-data-not-complete

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
It is related to the broker.
thomas2004
thomas2004  
Sergey Golubev:
It is related to the broker.

Here is the warning I got as I download the historical data. It seems they are not from my broker.

And one can see from the historical data source. They are from "MetaQuotes Software Corp". I wonder if the other also have such a problem?

And I want to write email to MetaQuotes Software Corp. But I couldn't find their contact email. 

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
thomas2004:

Here is the warning I got as I download the historical data. It seems they are not from my broker.

And one can see from the historical data source. They are from "MetaQuotes Software Corp". I wonder if the other also have such a problem?

And I want to write email to MetaQuotes Software Corp. But I couldn't find their contact email. 

Metatrader 4?

It is from MetaQuotes, and the data is fine:

To load the data from MetaQuotes - you should be connected to MetaQuotes demo account:

--------------

Are you connected with some broker? So, you are downloading the data of this broker.
Because every broker is having its own data.

whroeder1
whroeder1  
If you don't have any/partial history, here's how you can get all available from your broker via MT4.
thomas2004
thomas2004  

Thanks for the reply of your both above. 

Does this mean that when I do real trade, there could be data gaps? If this could happen, that's quite danger, right?

thomas2004
thomas2004  
whroeder1:
If you don't have any/partial history, here's how you can get all available from your broker via MT4.

The link you paste helps me solving this problem. Many thanks.

Tool > Options > Charts tab > change 'Max bars in history' and 'Max bars in chart' to 9999999999 > OK > Restart MT4.

To add comments, please log in or register