Pivot Points

Hello there,

There are confusing theories on when to use previous day pivots. Some people claim to use Midnight to Midnight Eastern (USA), others GMT Midnight to Midnight.

Can you please advise what to the majority of traders use and where I can find (f USA eastern) such data as most websites only give GMT information.

Thank you

Juan

Hello there,

I have been experimenting with a type of pivot points for over a year now. I think the only thing that matters is that you have pivots that change according to the broker you are using. I would suggest a broker with 5 day candles and not 6. I prefer alpari uk. I hope this helps.

Thank you Kas1. Do you know what is the industry standard for privous day pivots. End of the day GMT or Eastern USA?

Thank you

I think the only thing that matters is you have 5 days in your week, 5 pivot changes. When it starts will depend on when your broker opens for the week.

Well thank you Kas. I will try a demo account with Alpari. Hope trading is going well for you.

Juan

You're welcome, if you have anymore questions, I'll do my best to help.

Most trader have their own set up to trade point, and i have three that are favorite of mine. one is a breakout through a support/resistance level.

Reason: