Trading tax free

Hi folks,

I'm new to forex and currently paper trading a couple of systems, and will soon be venturing into live trading.

I'm using Metatrader, but plan to place trades with a spreadbet broker (proceeds are tax free, here in the uk).

Do any of you have any experience of doing this, and do you have any advice?

I gather that the prices I see on a server in Meta can differ slightly from those I see in real time with the spreadbet broker (because of their spread and different server etc).

Thanks,

Thaum.

Trading is not tax free in the United Kingdom. However there is a loophole within the betting and gaming industry that profits from gambling are free of tax to the gambler and some consider financial spread betting as a shelter in which you can stick speculative investments to avoid Capital Gains Tax.

Devid Jones, it is really interesting that trading is not tax free in the United Kingdom but gambling is tax free. More info about trading tax in UK can be found at here: Is trading tax free in the UK?

Hi Paul75, You are right, it’s impossible to that’s provide service tax free that’s called broker gambling so I will suggest, always chose regulated, reliable and trusted broker.

Reason: