economic calendar predictions? - page 2

I have been for a few months trading the news signal calendar predictions from fxfisherman on a live account (with 1 cent per pip) and have found that although sometimes its wrong, most of the time if you set and leave the positions with a stop and take profit alot of the time the move comes long after the news release.

It seems to be in profit overall which is why im posting because im a little stunned.

Example today on eur/usd it didnt move much at all but, 30 mins later it hit the TP and got the 30 pips.

On high volatile news I have found usually it hits the TP or SL instantly or just fizzles out.

But then later comes back to reach the target.

It rarely hits my SL it usually hits nothing until some time after other than massive releases which of course moves 100+ in one fowl swoop.

I think people who want to trade spike will never make a profit.

I think this is just a very usefull tool for finding whats going on with the markets.

I think this news calendar although not perfect, for free, is a very usefull tool.

I think if we all had more time, to mess around with it, exchange info from different brokers etc, we would find this is an unusually accurate algorithm.

Thanks goes to scorpian for making this and giving it to all the world for free.

People who give to people out of the kindness of there heart and help people always get 10 fold back in return.

bunglungchingdong:
I have been for a few months trading the news signal calendar predictions from fxfisherman on a live account (with 1 cent per pip) and have found that although sometimes its wrong, most of the time if you set and leave the positions with a stop and take profit alot of the time the move comes long after the news release.It seems to be in profit overall which is why im posting because im a little stunned.Example today on eur/usd it didnt move much at all but, 30 mins later it hit the TP and got the 30 pips.On high volatile news I have found usually it hits the TP or SL instantly or just fizzles out.But then later comes back to reach the target.It rarely hits my SL it usually hits nothing until some time after other than massive releases which of course moves 100+ in one fowl swoop.I think people who want to trade spike will never make a profit.I think this is just a very usefull tool for finding whats going on with the markets.I think this news calendar although not perfect, for free, is a very usefull tool.I think if we all had more time, to mess around with it, exchange info from different brokers etc, we would find this is an unusually accurate algorithm.Thanks goes to scorpian for making this and giving it to all the world for free.People who give to people out of the kindness of there heart and help people always get 10 fold back in return.

Very well said dong..

I would like to propose you something... why not keep a trade journal here? And post all the trades stats, screenshots etc as they occur. This can be good for your firstl, to keep track pf performance, and for most of us, so that we know the true power of Scorpion's calendar.

My 2 cents

Reason: