Help with backtesting?

Hello all

Well done Scorpian on a great site and with ZeroCode to help non progammers with no idea like my self.

Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where to start to learn programming so i can become a better backtester/trader?

Thanks in advance

PIPD

p.s what is api MT4 that you guys are all talking about?

pipd,

I'll chime in as a starting point so others can flame the heck outta me :sweatdrop

I've not really attempted too much in MT3 coding as I came on the scene as MT4 beta was released. The latter is more C-based. I started writing small projects using the MT4 documentation and examples as a rough guide. There's quite a few good tutorials on C which you can find via Google. It's gonna be a matter of perseverance and a long haul but worth it.

In laymens terms, the MT4 API is essentially the small code interface which can be accessed through your code to make trades to the broker's trading server. Being able to bypass the limitations of the actual MT client terminal allows for a much wider range of scope of far as trading signals goes hence FXFisherman.

Cheers

Martin

Reason: