Systems created with Zero Code beta 1 - page 2

Deleted? That's evil. You must be the devil himself

But you answered my question very well actually....

If someone deletes a system it's mostlikely not performing very well.

Or did you delete the holy grail?

AH AH, I hope i didn't delete the holy grail, but with the rules i described at the beginning of this topic, it is easy to create one more time, doesn't it ?

scorpion:
Ok, below code is to Buy when bid price closes above MA(1) and Close the position when bid price closes below MA(1). Note that I use "Volume < 10" to check for a new candle.

How do you code for Price just crosses (Not Closes) EMA by an adjustable number of pips - for example I want to enter the Long if price/candle/bar goes above EMA by 5 pips and Short if price/candle/bar crosses below EMA?

rosstodd, first setup the logics as normal.

Check for price crosses up EMA (x) (To be put in BUY logics)

PriceBid <= EMA (x) Previous

PriceBid > EMA (x) Current

Check for price crosses down EMA (x) (To be put in SELL logics)

PriceBid >= EMA (x) Previous

PriceBid < EMA (x) Current

Second, compile to mql.

Third, make a little hack in the mql to create an adjustable pips filter. See https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/194089

That's it! hope this help.

Thank you for your help! I'll give it a try...

Do I just type this into the first logics space (this is not an option to select)

Check for price crosses up EMA (x)

Sorry about the simple minded questions.

Another question I have is re: the MACD you have in your demo

I want to have a buy when it crosses above the 0 line - and sell when it crosses below - Is this what is accomplished in the demo?

Thanks again for your help...

ross

scorpion:
rosstodd, first setup the logics as normal. Check for price crosses up EMA (x) (To be put in BUY logics) PriceBid EMA (x) Current Check for price crosses down EMA (x) (To be put in SELL logics) PriceBid >= EMA (x) Previous PriceBid < EMA (x) Current Second, compile to mql. Third, make a little hack in the mql to create an adjustable pips filter. See https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/194089 That's it! hope this help.[/ QUOTE]

Do I just type this into the first logics space (this is not an option to select) Check for price crosses up EMA (x)

You don't need to put this line. I just want explain you what the two following logics are for what.

Another question I have is re: the MACD you have in your demo I want to have a buy when it crosses above the 0 line - and sell when it crosses below - Is this what is accomplished in the demo?

If you refer to MACD Histogram then:

MACD Histrogram (x) Previous <= 0
MACD Histogram (x) Current > 0

"MACD Histrogram (x) Previous 0" means if macd histogram is above 0 now. These two logics to create a crossover checking.

Remember a logic must contain at lease one comparison sign > < = = !=

If there is no comparision sign, it is not a logic.

You have a great system - I really appreciate your help.

I Tried to make a simple EA that just buys when price crosses EMA (x) and sells when crosses EMA (x)

Just to see if it would work and add the other criteria later.

I put it on a chart and tried the strategy tester but it made no trades - any suggestions?

Buy Logics:

AND PriceBid <= MA(1) Previous

AND PriceBid > MA (1) Current

Sell Logics:

AND PriceBid >= MA (2) Previous

AND PriceBid < MA (2) Current

scorpion:
Remember a logic must contain at lease one comparison sign > < = = != If there is no comparision sign, it is not a logic.

Try run it in real time. Don't trust the backtester on this it might be because the MT3 backtester has PriceBid bug.

Reason: