Tick counter. - page 3

I think the best way is to email them. They might tell you that the quotes are filtered for the sake of data quality. I think this kind of filter is still acceptable as "unfiltered" as long as ticks are keep coming fast.

scorpion:
sccz97, is it Bloomberg.com that you are talking about? I asked because I cannot find any product that is related to data feed api.

yup. /go?link=https://www.bloomberg.com

Bloomberg and reuters are the bigest news providers in the world. Every single major institution whther they be a bank, prop desk, trading arcade or hedge fund, they will be using bloomberg, and they will have hundreds of licenses, one fro each person that needs it. And believe me when I say, when you start using blomoberg, you can't go back. You mighht have sen the keynoards beofr, they look just like any normal eyboard but have coloured keys, so all the F keys on the top are yellow. Anyawy, the wealth of informationprovided by bloomerg is shocking, there's nthingyou can't get, whether you're intereseted in just news articles, valuation of swaps, finding probability of defaults for trancheds in CDOs, 3d vol curves, reports and interviews from majkor banks about upcoming large economic figures, I can go on and on. I work at a hedge fund and use bloomberg maninyl for analysis but believe me when I say that for what it seems you guys are trying to put together, you will graetly benefit from having bloomberg. You will get your prices faster, know which price source each quote comes from, get economic releases before anyone and basically give you an edge over all other retail traders and push you into the league of the big players

In essesnce what you get from bloomberg is a license which allows you to use their applicatin (which you'll have to download) However, with that application you can use the api. The standard license will restrict frmo using or seeing certain things in the application and of course youl'l get delayed price feeds for most of the exchanges, but forex is not restricted in anyway. They've recently releeased the .NET api whichi s ooooo much easier to use than the c++ offering of long ago and while far from perfect you can do whatever you want like subscribe to real time quotes across every singel possible xrate you can think of, get intraday ticks (all scrubbed clean) from anydates, the list is endless. Of course, the subscription fee is nothing to be laughed at .... you can probably get a deal if you're a private investor but i know that my conpany are paying $4k a month for my bloomberg but I have live prices on all the major equity exchanges. The std package, which tbh is all you'll need) is aroudn $1-1.5k a month. You'll have to decide yourself whether you think that's worth it.

Feel free to ask me any more questions about it

Hi

Thank you for the informations about Bloomberg

I have the following questions:-

1- Can you help me to find the link to the Bloomberg forex services (API)?

I need to get the forex news and quotations in real time

2- Is there somehow to get demo or trial or maybe delayed version of the Bloomberg services, so I can build my program and test it

Thanks in advance

NJ

Hey tst4all, I haven't managed to find a suitable link too. The website is like a jungle. I sent them an email asking about news services but they didn't reply. You should call them if you're in the States.

If you're looking for real-time and historical forex rates then you should buy from Tenfore.com. They collect data from banks and brokers, and you can choose specific feeds at affordable price. Tenfore is what many brokers choose for all the data.

Hello, I'm new in forex and in this board. This idea is in my mind.

I think that the best way to trade (openbuy/sell) is to know how many tick happens in each timeframe such as -----

in 1 min have 0-20 ticks means low

21-50 ticks means medium

51-> high

5 mins 0-100 ticks means low

101-250 medium

251-> high

etc.

and when you coded already show result by color in that graph candle.

Pls. code this concept for me . Thanks Piakcm54.

5 Ticks per second means price going to breakout

where should it be installed

Hi guys, does anyone have a MT5 tick counter?

Reason: