Oanda API Policy Changed

I have a piece of good news everyone. Oanda recently changed the policy about their API. The change will benifit us with:

• Free API usage for the first two months. That is GREAT! I can spend that time to port the API for FXFisherman.
  • Sample codes and documents about their API are now opened to public for free. That is even GREAT! I can have more time to prepare for the first 2 months.
This is great news for us as well as other trading automators! I want to see how good fxfisherman perform with 1-2 pips spead!

The API is so well documented, which is very helpful for all developers.

So 1 - 2 pip spreads, plus your spread reduction technology, that means almost no spread at all?

I hope so

I have just finished reading the api docs and code samples. I'm surprised that their API and platform is very well programmed by experts. I'm sure that Oanda provides the most reliable and completed platform around. Four thumbs up!

Excellent news! But if it is only 2 months how does that affect the bot?

Oh, I just read the agreement doc. Two months free, but with $600 non-refundable, non-discountable setup fee. And surprise, $200/hour support.

Overally they give away 1 month for free. That is not enough for porting and testing job, so we had better stick with metatrader 'till we gain enough capital to upgrade the cannon. I think I'd better use the 600 bucks to lease a server for beta-testing instead.