Profitable experts. - page 2

Many thanks for helping out scorpion!

I just adapted the moving average code thats included with MT.

Basicly I calculate the moving average in the normal way.

But before plotting/using it I multiply the calculated value by 1.02 or 0.98

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Simple Moving Average | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ { double sum=0; int i,pos=Bars-ExtCountedBars-1; //---- initial accumulation if(pos<MA_Period) pos=MA_Period; for(i=1;i=0) { sum+=Open[pos]; ExtMapBuffer1[pos]=(sum/MA_Period)*1.02; ExtMapBuffer2[pos]=((sum/MA_Period)*1.02)-0.0030; ExtMapBuffer3[pos]=(sum/MA_Period)*0.98; ExtMapBuffer4[pos]=((sum/MA_Period)*0.98)+0.0030; sum-=Open[pos+MA_Period-1]; sumH-=High[pos+MA_Period-1]; pos--; }

It would be very nice if you could get this working!

Using visual inspection (in MetaStock) shows that there is a lot of tweaking possible.

For example instead of using Open use High for the upperband and Low for the lower band.

The 2% could also be changed into 2.5% for example.

Instead of a simple MA a weighted/hull MA.

The variations are endless. And impossible to manually test on 8 years of data.

I'm not trying to push you into more work.

I'm just informing you so you don't have to recode everything lateron and save time on the whole.

Assuming you want to code the extras too.

Anyway the very basic verion would make me happy. Maybe even rich

TS, how did you came up with theese numbers? ( 1,02 and 0,98 ) . Are theese in some connection with fibs or pivots or something like that?

Stop asking difficult questions!

I really don't know. I spend a lot of time reading books, articles, websites, etc.

Somewhere along the line I picked it up.

I seems to work best for the major pairs. Not the smaller ones.

The numbers are just guidelines. A good 1st guess to start backtesting with.

An extra 0.5% gives diffrent results. If the are better depends on the typeof trader you are.

2% looks good for me because I want to sacrifice profits for less drawdown.

While 1.5% is more agressive.

It are exaustion levels. The way I see it...

The major pairs follow a pattern set by huge influences. The general US/EU economy.

Sometimes the prices spike a bit because Greenspan changed his underware I think

That spike is what I like to catch. But soon traders realise that the fact that Greenspans report fell 0.0001% short from expectation is no big deal and things return to usual. Back into the trading channel.

A car analogy:

A small car (small pair) drives from A to B (trend)

Suddenly a strong wind hits the car sideways. The car breaks out of its track (trading range) and possible gets out of control.

A huge truck loaded with steel (major pairs) drives on the same road.

Most of the time the wind has no effect on it at all.

But sometimes the truck swings a bit (spikes outside the trading channel) . But due to its massive weight the effect wears of quickly.

It's always good to know why things happen. But in my years I learned that some things are hard to understand. But who cares why if it works.

If history shows forex movement is related to traffic jams in Peking I'll follow that system

scorpion:
TraderSeven, I can code your system in mql by using both ZeroCode and Expert Editor. But I don't understand how can you plot the 2% shift MAs on the chart.

Any progress?

That's if you had time and started with it

Hmm... I thought I compile this system a while ago. Let's me check my hdd.

Hello,

we are very happy with this Forum and i hope very helpfull in several trouble trading.We are so confuse I wanna make EA with powerfull profit and Stable

but I don't have best code to do it.Please Give me Your code so that we could make EA that give me stable perfomance in profit.Any Idea that we really confuse about all indicator in MT4 .We are setup all indicator in 100 for ALL 4 example 100 CCi,100 RSi,100 MFi,100 demarker.etc in low tF but it's maybe not wrong direction BUT who want repair it so that this diurection stable in Profit for my EA...???Hi..............All member please help me to coding Best EA and Perfomance or stable EA??

Ravique:
Gazuz, by the way, i have sent you the expert mentioned in an other thread to your hotmail email,, did you get it?

May I have one of your copy please... Thanks.

hi everybody can someone give the best free ea thank

Maybe you scorpion, or someone there who knows schedule would not make a EA from brain trend indicators? They have had a good performance with many traders. Add a EA to open orders for the purchase and sale once the signal leaving the indicator would be of great help.

Since already Thanks

Yes I think that's a very good idea to do.

Reason: