Do European MetaTrader5 users or MQL5 programmers use '.' instead of ',' for the decimal place when using the platform or programming?

Hello,

I know that most people in Europe use a comma instead of a period for the decimal place, and I am curious about how MetaTrader 5 and the MQL5 editor and compiler handle this.

1. When Europeans type in a decimal value in the MetaTrader 5 user interface, do they use a comma or a period for the decimal place?

2. Do European MQL5 programmers use '.' instead of ',' for the decimal place when programming?

Whenever I see MQL5 code, I only ever see periods for decimal place, i.e. "double d = 3.14;"

3. Are there any programming environments or languages that you've hear of (C#, Python, Java, MATLAB, etc.) where Europeans ever type a comma for a decimal when the are programming? Do they ever write "double d = 3,14;" for the approximate value of pi?

I apologize in advance for my complete lack of understanding of computing in other areas of the world outside of my own.  I am just trying to understand.

Thank you in advance,

Robox

Just open the reference of the editor (F1) and read about Language Basics -> Data Types  -> Real Types:

..."The method of representation of real numbers in the computer memory is defined by the IEEE 754 standard and is independent of platforms, operating systems or programming languages."
..."Floating-point constants consist of an integer part, a point (.) and the fractional part. The integer and fractional parts are sequences of decimal digits." ...

It is expected that this is valid for the whole world!

Carl Schreiber:

Just open the reference of the editor (F1) and read about Language Basics -> Data Types  -> Real Types:

..."The method of representation of real numbers in the computer memory is defined by the IEEE 754 standard and is independent of platforms, operating systems or programming languages."
..."Floating-point constants consist of an integer part, a point (.) and the fractional part. The integer and fractional parts are sequences of decimal digits." ...

It is expected that this is valid for the whole world!

Thanks, @Carl Schreiber. I am glad to hear that this is the case. I've done some more web research and it seems like all the popular programming languages in the world use the period (.) as a decimal point, even though people in many countries use commas for decimal points when the aren't programming. I asked the question because I didn't want to assume anything about the way that the rest of the world works.

Thanks again!

Robox

Reason: