How to access Built-in Indicators through MQL4

Hi,

I've been searching through the articles, and I've written a couple of Expert Advisors.

I would like to incorporate built-in Indicators into a new EA I am writing.  (I hope these questions aren't dumb).

• How do you force a draw on your current chart of a built-indicator?
  • When you force the draw, will it work in the tester?
  • How do you customize the colors and lines on a built-in indicator?  Is it better to build a custom indicator?

Thanks,

Luis.

Luis Colmenarez:

Hi,

I've been searching through the articles, and I've written a couple of Expert Advisors.

I would like to incorporate built-in Indicators into a new EA I am writing.  (I hope these questions aren't dumb).

• How do you customize the colors and lines on a built-in indicator?  Is it better to build a custom indicator?

Thanks,

Luis.

Did you ever access it? 

Luis Colmenarez:
  1. You don't force it. You don't do anything. All indicators will be updated before the EA is called.
  2. Visual mode: yes. Optimize mode: there is no chart. The buffers have been updated. No objects exist. iCustom only reads buffers.
  3. There are no colors, there are no lines. Just buffer values. You determine with buffer corresponds to which color.
  4. Don't reinvent the wheel.
Reason: