Backup MT4 terminal

Hi

I need to have a backup for my curent Win 2012 r2 VPS server.

So basically i am thinking of buying a second Win 2012 r2 VPS, and install a new MT4, and login on the same trading account as the other VPS uses, and use the exact same setup on my expert advisor as on the other VPS.

**Note that my EA always only work with one open order at the time and it always have the same magic number.

So to the question

Will this setup work as a good backup if one of the VPS:es are down. Or is there any downside doing like this?

olzonpon: Or is there any downside doing like this?

They will both try to do the same thing at the same time on the same account. You get two opens.

whroeder1:

They will both try to do the same thing at the same time on the same account. You get two opens.

Even if they have the same magic no?

Is that even possible, having 2 orders with the same magic?

olzonpon: Is that even possible, having 2 orders with the same magic?
MN is just identifying information, just like the comment. Nothing else.

whroeder1:
MN is just identifying information, just like the comment. Nothing else.
Ok thanks for the info, do you have any idea of a solution that could do this type of backup i am after?

olzonpon any idea of a solution that could do this type of backup i am after?
The purpose of a VPS is uninterrupted running. Why do you think that's not enough?

What about this?

Have two terminals running, same account and EA, on 2 VPS.

On one, disable Auto-Trading.  This will be the slave, the other is the master.

The slave will show all the open trades, but will not open any via its EA.

If the slave goes down, no problem, master is still up and doing its job.

If the master goes down, enable auto trading on the slave.  Not only will this now place trades via its EA, but in theory (and this is where we may need confirmation) because the Magic Number is the same on both terminals, the slave's EA should now take over management of any open trades.  I think ?

Not the best solution I think, as it won't be automatic, you'll need to intervene, but it might be OK?

Pete.

Pete:

What about this?

Have two terminals running, same account and EA, on 2 VPS.

On one, disable Auto-Trading.  This will be the slave, the other is the master.

The slave will show all the open trades, but will not open any via its EA.

If the slave goes down, no problem, master is still up and doing its job.

If the master goes down, enable auto trading on the slave.  Not only will this now place trades via its EA, but in theory (and this is where we may need confirmation) because the Magic Number is the same on both terminals, the slave's EA should now take over management of any open trades.  I think ?

Not the best solution I think, as it won't be automatic, you'll need to intervene, but it might be OK?

Pete.

Sorry need to be automatic.

whroeder1:

The purpose of a VPS is uninterrupted running. Why do you think that's not enough?
Sometimes even a VPS is interrupted.
Reason: