Orders closing at wrong T/P Levels

Hi,

My broker OctaFx closed my Buy Stop order at 0.00130 points below my take profit level. I had entered a T/P level of 1.08750 and the order was closed at 1.08620 instead. When I look at the charts on my MT4 live account the low for this candle at that moment of closing shows as 1.08723.

I have screenshots of this. When I contacted them, they advised that it is because of low liquidity.

Can anyone please advise if I am being played here? Or can this really happen?

Thank you,

Shakir

Show all the details if you want help.

It can't close a "Buy Stop" anywhere, pending orders can not be closed, only deleted.

It can't close at 0.00130 points below anything. The smallest change is one point. It closed 130 points or 13 pips below.

TP and SL become market orders and close at prevailing price. If your candle shows low of 8723, the Bid, to close your buy, must be that or above. So there are no prices of 8620, it couldn't close there.

whroeder1:

It can't close a "Buy Stop" anywhere, pending orders can not be closed, only deleted.

It can't close at 0.00130 points below anything. The smallest change is one point. It closed 130 points or 13 pips below.

TP and SL become market orders and close at prevailing price. If your candle shows low of 8723, the Bid, to close your buy, must be that or above. So there are no prices of 8620, it couldn't close there.

I got closed 13 pips below my TP level. I am attaching a screenshot. At 14:43 the lowest price went was 1.08723. I got closed at 1.08620 while my TP was set at 1.08750

It turns out that there are many more trades where when my TP gets hit, the order is closed below my TP level. I am just wondering if this is okay?

Thank you for your help.

shakir.elahi:

I got closed 13 pips below my TP level. I am attaching a screenshot. At 14:43 the lowest price went was 1.08723. I got closed at 1.08620 while my TP was set at 1.08750

It turns out that there are many more trades where when my TP gets hit, the order is closed below my TP level. I am just wondering if this is okay?

Thank you for your help.

No it doesn't seem ok. Talk to your broker.
Reason: