Strategy Tester Custom Start

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible to set strategy tester to always start testing on the last completed bar on the chart, like Daily period if we choose today date to start. I need it especially for 5 and 15 min time frame. I have already try to set max bars in the chart to 1 or 2 in chart options, but strategy tester doesn't work then,it's probably too less bars to test I guess. Please let me know if there is any EA or script or any other way to do that. If there is no way to do that maybe there is a way to set custom start date like 04.05.2016 17:45 min. I would really appreciate any ideas.

mj0233:

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible to set strategy tester to always start testing on the last completed bar on the chart, like Daily period if we choose today date to start. I need it especially for 5 and 15 min time frame. I have already try to set max bars in the chart to 1 or 2 in chart options, but strategy tester doesn't work then,it's probably too less bars to test I guess. Please let me know if there is any EA or script or any other way to do that. If there is no way to do that maybe there is a way to set custom start date like 04.05.2016 17:45 min. I would really appreciate any ideas.
You have to change the EA

techmac:
You have to change the EA
What do you mean by changing the EA, how?

mj0233:
What do you mean by changing the EA, how?

mj0233

It means that you can not adjust the strategy tester for what you want so you have to build in those conditions in the EA

mladen:

mj0233

It means that you can not adjust the strategy tester for what you want so you have to build in those conditions in the EA

Thanks mladen , 

Do you maybe know what kind of code do I have to put into my EA, are you able to make something like this? I would really appreciate it. 

mj0233:
Thanks mladen , 

Do you maybe know what kind of code do I have to put into my EA, are you able to make something like this? I would really appreciate it. 
You have to add code that will conform with the conditions that you described in the first post as an additional condition for allowing further processing
Reason: