Bobs Magic Boxes

G'day all

First post so I hope I have got something to share. Firstly I trade tick charts and dabble in amateurish programming. Don't expect anyone to trade like me, then again I 'm not interested in trading like anyone else.

So I work with box patterns and PA. And have made a couple of indicators to help and experimented with a couple of bots. But in developing these for the tick chart one must back test in time frames to check how things work. And I've noticed that these are good signals on most time frames. I see potential. However, I don't have the time to explore these other options so though I would share that others may want to take up the challenge and run with if.

So I won't dwell. If people are interested they can ask questions. But I will give a brief explanation of boxes and how I use them.

A box is simply another PA pattern. Its starts with a strong XA leg or AB leg forming a high and low over "n" bars. It then says if that high or low is not broken in the next "n" bars a box pattern has formed. The pattern continues to form and is valid until the high or low is broken. The most recognizable box pattern is more commonly known as an inside bar. But where an inside bar forms on say an hourly chart, I've identified it on a lower (tick chart). Therefore, I can analysis the PA and make my decisions there.

Once a box is identified on a chart I then look for the following price patterns. They should look familiar and are classic trading patterns

​​

As you can see, there's no reinventing the wheel here. Just using time proven patterns with a fresh eye. Each one of these patterns star with the large XA or AB leg.

So here we go, some codes.

MQL4 codes.zip

BreakoutBox v1.0. The prototype indicator used to develop all others.

BMB V1.0. Boxes develop over time. Please do not laff at the repeat code. I am a rank amateur. Instead if someone can clean it up it would be greatly appreciated.

Bobs Bot Build 3.1.3 And a simple bot I built. Here's some presets and results I have very clean data to back test with, use variable spread and engage an 80/20 negative/positive slippage of up to 20 points. Heres an example

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_198445_1458463223420_467[/ATTACH]

I've traded for 4 years, the past 18 months live. So my knowledge is limited. But I see potential here. But by myself I can't unlock it. Hope someone finds it interesting.

Files:
mql4_codes.zip  602 kb
2016_1.png  27 kb
2016_2.png  208 kb
image_198438.png  208 kb
2016.gif  9 kb

Sounds interesting. I'll test it this week.

Any questions just ask. This is still very early in its development. I'm using a variant on the tick charts and my work is focussed there at the moment. Never argue with the boxes

bmb_v2.1.mq4

bmb_v5.0.mq4

Files:
01eurusdm9.png  64 kb
01eurusdm9.png  64 kb
011eurusdm9.png  65 kb
bmb_v2.1.mq4  61 kb
bmb_v5.0.mq4  12 kb
Reason: