MarketInfo of anothe pair

Hi, I have an expert which has the code bellow. I run it on EURUSD chart in Tester & in real time. However in both cases I get tickvalue=0

tickvalue = ((MarketInfo("NZDJPY",MODE_TICKVALUE)) )*0.01; Print("NZDJPY=",tickvalue);

I can't believe that there is no access to another pair, I will appreciate any advice.

( MT4, build 765 )

winters:
Hi, I have an expert which has the code bellow. I run it on EURUSD chart in Tester & in real time. However in both cases I get tickvalue=0

I can't believe that there is no access to another pair, I will appreciate any advice.

( MT4, build 765 )

winters

Replace the last line with this :

Print("NZDJPY=",DoubleToStr(tickvalue,7));

It should work

This is what I got when I run expert on USDCHF chart:

MaximCloseAll USDCHF,M30: TickValue (USDCHF)=0.1026

MaximCloseAll USDCHF,M30: NZDJPY=0.0000000

[/CODE]

however if I run the expert using NZDJPY, I get : NZDJPY=0.0083

And this is what I get when I run it on NZDJPY chart:

[CODE]

MaximCloseAll NZDJPY,M30: TickValue (NZDJPY)=0.0833

MaximCloseAll NZDJPY,M30: USDCHF=0.0000000

winters:
This is what I got when I run expert on USDCHF chart:

MaximCloseAll USDCHF,M30: TickValue (USDCHF)=0.1026

MaximCloseAll USDCHF,M30: NZDJPY=0.0000000

[/CODE]

however if I run the expert using NZDJPY, I get : NZDJPY=0.0083

And this is what I get when I run it on NZDJPY chart:

MaximCloseAll NZDJPY,M30: TickValue (NZDJPY)=0.0833

MaximCloseAll NZDJPY,M30: USDCHF=0.0000000

[/CODE]

This is what I get :

[CODE]2015.03.21 21:20:23.437 _test USDCHF,M5: NZDJPY=0.0083263

I used this line of code fot test :

[CODE]Print("NZDJPY=",DoubleToStr(MarketInfo("NZDJPY",MODE_TICKVALUE)*0.01,7));

Strange .... would you know what could be wrong in my case ?

winters:

Frankly I do not know

Tested it on any symbol I have and it worked correctly on all charts and all time frames. Used build 765 too. Probably one of the "phantom" errors that this new mt4 has plenty

winters:

Did you use that code from Init() (or OnInit())? If yes, use it from start (or OnTick()) - I had a similar issue and sometimes in the init MarketInfo() does not work OK

morro:
Did you use that code from Init() (or OnInit())? If yes, use it from start (or OnTick()) - I had a similar issue and sometimes in the init MarketInfo() does not work OK

Maybe that was just a weekend issue

techmac:
Maybe that was just a weekend issue

I don't think so. The test I showed I made on weekend - it more or less excludes weekend as a cause

Ray Cooper:
Well, I see, to use so many trading pairs are really harmful for pure concentration of a trader. That’s way, I make my trading plan only for major trading currency. That’s way, I never and ever open any trade without major pair. In addition, another logic is to trade for this 8 pairs. Because, I get fixed one pip trading spreads for major currencies from trading platform. I see, most of the time major currency avoids spick on chart that inspires me very much to trade only major currency.

There are a lot of currency pairs in which we can do our trading and also hope to earn a good income from them.

The ones in which i am more interested are:

1. EURUSD

2. GBPUSD

3. AUDUSD

4. NZDUSD

mladen:
I don't think so. The test I showed I made on weekend - it more or less excludes weekend as a cause

Some brokers go into "no connection mode" on weekend and then if you are not on the chart, it foes not work as usually

Reason: