Same broker: standard V.S. ECN account

My broker offers standard and ecn account. Are there any disadvantages to switch from trading ECN to standard account?

Because I have an Expert advisor that doesn't support ECN account.

sunny7day:
My broker offers standard and ecn account. Are there any disadvantages to switch from trading ECN to standard account? Because I have an Expert advisor that doesn't support ECN account.

change your EA code to match ecn account price environment. what advantage ? if you trade long enough you may want to start reconsider your trading cost. this where ecn has much more advantage. you dont mention which brokers are you with, it's hard to made a straight comparison, mostly based on their trading condition.

let's use mine, armada markets offers classic account (assume similar as standard account of yours), and an ECN account type. at classic account cost 1,3 pips spread fixed at eurusd trade, as at ECN account eur spread average 0.3 pips ( although sometimes i;ve got more lower spread upon execution) while it also charge commision 2$ per 1 standard lot transaction.

I dont need to think longer to decide start with their ecn account, it's already clear the ecn offers much better trading condition, not mention of ecn execution speed.

go check your trading condition first and compare, other wise move to another decent brokers with better trading condition.

Reason: