Hackers steal 15 percent of money generated by Internet, study estimates - page 3

470,000 Vehicles At Risk After Hackers "Take Control & Crash" Jeep Cherokee From A Sofa 10 Miles Away

n what is being called "the first of its kind," Wired.com reports that hackers, using just a laptop and mobile phone, accessed a Jeep Cherokee's on-board systems (via its wireless internet connection), took control and crashed the car into a ditch from 10 miles away sitting on their sofa. As The Telegraph details, the breach was revealed by security researchers Charlie Miller, a former staffer at the NSA, and Chris Valasek, who warned thatmore than 470,000 cars made by Fiat Chrysler could be at risk of being attacked by similar means. Coming just weeks after the FBI claimed a US hacker took control of a passenger jet he was on in the first known such incident of its kind, the incident shows just how vulnerable we are to modern technology.

FXCM Says It Has Been Hacked

FXCM, an online foreign exchange trading service provider, said on Thursday it was the victim of a hacking attack that also included unauthorized access to customer information.

The New York-based company announced it had identified a "small number" of unauthorized wire transfers from customer accounts.

It said it notified the Federal Bureau of Investigation after it had received an email from a hacker claiming to have illegal access to customer information.

The firm provides services through its own online trading platforms and through third party platforms such as MetaTrader 4. Outside the US, the company also provides trading in contract for difference (CFDs) on major indices and commodities such as gold and crude oil.

FXCM added that all funds have been returned to the accounts that were compromised. It also immediately launched a full investigation, working with a leading cybersecurity firm, to investigate the cybersecurity incident and protect customer information.

source

Bailed Out FX Broker FXCM Says It Was Hacked, Resulting In "Wire Transfers From Customer Accounts"

Files:
fxcm_hacked.jpg  95 kb

Well, that is a bad news

so it can be with other brokers too,a scary news-but more scary matter is,mostly brokers are not capable to return funds to their clients willingly.

mntiwana:
so it can be with other brokers too,a scary news-but more scary matter is,mostly brokers are not capable to return funds to their clients willingly.

At least they were honest now

But how many cases are there that we do not know about? That is the most scary part

mladen:
At least they were honest now But how many cases are there that we do not know about? That is the most scary part

That is what scares me the most : one day I will just find that I am bankrupt and that I did not do anything at all yo get bankrupt. It us getting easier and easier to steal identity and "confidential" data

sebastianK:
That is what scares me the most : one day I will just find that I am bankrupt and that I did not do anything at all yo get bankrupt. It us getting easier and easier to steal identity and "confidential" data

Don't worry

Before that the government will declare digital currency and they will rob us blind whenever they think they want more money. We shall no longer be the owners of out money. We shall finally be slaves that serve for just one purpose : to keep the rich richer and richer

techmac:
Don't worry Before that the government will declare digital currency and they will rob us blind whenever they think they want more money. We shall no longer be the owners of out money. We shall finally be slaves that serve for just one purpose : to keep the rich richer and richer

It is because they need the money not us

on my own:
:) It is because they need the money not us

so in which fire storm we are playing in greed and hopes , knowingly.....the way we chosen for our self satisfactions is a dream of blind mans trust.........is there any one broker from hundreds thousands,we can trust though a high brokerage cost (hidden/open).

Reason: