The Best Renko Chart? - page 4

tiestobob:
i got an error saying incorrect DLL version....whos the author of this median renko system?

That is probably due to changes in new mt4 (some dlls need to be rewriten in order to work with new mt4)

Or a protection

Hello MLaden and all other expert coders :-)

I am trying to create a renko chart for a basket of currencies. I already have my offline chart created for the basket of currencies but I now need to link in the EA or indicator attached to get it to generate a renko chart for my offline basket chart.

Is there anyone at all who could fix the error showing when its being compiled? Its to do with a string parameter.

'gwstr' - parameter conversion not allowed

The indicator and EA are linked below:

kos_ind_renkolivechart.mq4

kos_ea_renkolivechart.mq4

I very much appreciate your help and I hope I can come back here with strategy for everyone at some point.

Many thanks

fxtrading08:
Hello MLaden and all other expert coders :-)

I am trying to create a renko chart for a basket of currencies. I already have my offline chart created for the basket of currencies but I now need to link in the EA or indicator attached to get it to generate a renko chart for my offline basket chart.

Is there anyone at all who could fix the error showing when its being compiled? Its to do with a string parameter.

'gwstr' - parameter conversion not allowed

The indicator and EA are linked below:

kos_ind_renkolivechart.mq4

kos_ea_renkolivechart.mq4

I very much appreciate your help and I hope I can come back here with strategy for everyone at some point.

Many thanks

That is because if the parameter for GetWindowTextA()function

The prototype is :

GetWindowTextA(int hWnd,char &lpString[],int nMaxCount);

And in your case gwstr is defined as string gwstr

Anyway, since the new metatrader have changed from ANSI to unicode, you should use the GetWindowTextW (which is the unicode equivalent to GetWindowTextA)

Reason: