Advanced Cycle Analysis - page 4

Hi

I'm newbie here. This indicator looks good and I want to use it trading on german dax. Could you give me some advice what is best settings and indicators to trade? My english isn't well and I don't understand information on 100%. I will apreciate any help.

mladen:
Re: EMD Huang indicator

tomitom06

It should work OK

Here is the ex4 file (just in case) that work OK on my terminal : emd_huang.ex4

Mladen,

Is band pass mode recalculating?

nevar:

Mladen,

Is band pass mode recalculating?

nevar

Yes, it does recalculate

It´s repainting?

jolugarpe:
It´s repainting?

Of course it does. It can repaints 10 times/minute in any settings.

gorad:
Of course it does. It can repaints 10 times/minute in any settings.

gorad

It is not just a case of regular current bar calculation but a classical recalculation (repainting)

mladen:

gorad

It is not just a case of regular current bar calculation but a classical recalculation (repainting)

It doesn't recalculate just on current bar, it repaints 30 bars back, sometimes even more. Maybe something is wrong in my mt, I don't know.

gorad:
It doesn't recalculate just on current bar, it repaints 30 bars back, sometimes even more. Maybe something is wrong in my mt, I don't know.

Nothing wrong with your mt

That is what I was trying to tell too : "classical" recalculating / repainting is changing results way back in the past

mladen:

Nothing wrong with your mt

That is what I was trying to tell too : "classical" recalculating / repainting is changing results way back in the past

OK I get you. But If it changes so much how can it be useful in trading?

gorad:

OK I get you. But If it changes so much how can it be useful in trading?

gorad

Almost all cycle analysis types are working like that

It is not a matter of getting signals but a matter of getting mathematical estimation of cycles. That is why such code should never be used in signaling mode, but in estimation mode (as an aid for decisions)

Reason: