Is Manual Trading Better Than Automated Trading?

I know that trading robots have their advantages and disadvantages. I also know that manual trading has merits and demerits. Before the advent of EAs, some people were trading manually: this is a fact. Then, in your own opinion which one do you think is better or is the ideal? Would you advise someone to go manual when trading or go automated when trading? Which one promises everlasting success?

I think people should start manual trading always first. They need the experience of being in the market, chart time and all before even considering going automated. It's just common sense in my opinion.

So there will always be manual trading. It's not a lost skill!

Always prefer manual trading over automated.

In my opinion, manual is better if you are able to stick with all of your rules without bending them and we can analyze the news before making decision to enter the market. However, automated trading may gives us an edge in the emotional side and discipline which all the executions are done automated, emotions take no place in them.

It all comes down to which system is most suitable to oneself so that they don't keep finding new "holy grail" when they have consecutive losses.

It depends on how much money you have

If you have money enough yo move the market then for sure you are using automated trading. Otherwise you are left with manual trading (with "me, myself and I")

Hello Traders,

I have tried both methods. I was so desperate to find an auto system that works. But couldn't find a better system.

But manual trading really works and I learnt so many things coz of manual trading.

Manual Trading always better then automated trading.

I also like manual trading to which we had full control . Market is not in our hands but trade can be close or open any time as we think it a safe according to market situation. Automated trading is not much reliable because we had no control on it.

i choose automatic ,,,bcz manual trading cant be right all the times

thammu:
i choose automatic ,,,bcz manual trading cant be right all the times

If manual trading can not be right all the time then how can an automated trading be right all the time?

Manual for training pattern then use auto after.

Reason: