WHY DO MOST OFFSHORE BROKERS DON'T ACCEPT US RESIDENTS? I still don't know the answer

WHY DO MOST OFFSHORE BROKERS DON'T ACCEPT US RESIDENTS? I still don't know the answer to this?

Glad not to be a US Citizen

Cheers

Wilson

wilsongibber:
WHY DO MOST OFFSHORE BROKERS DON'T ACCEPT US RESIDENTS? I still don't know the answer to this?

Glad not to be a US Citizen

Cheers

Wilson

US residents can not trade with a broker that is not CTFC (U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission) regulated (from January 2011). It is simply a law that is applied to US residents (and if it is not honored, CTFC is happily suing brokers not stating that, in case of offshore brokers, they do not accept US residents as clients)

I think it is a part of Anti Money Laundering rules : Anti-Money Laundering - CFTC

Thank you seniors for your fast response!

Wilson

mladen:
US residents can not trade with a broker that is not CTFC (U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission) regulated (from January 2011). It is simply a law that is applied to US residents (and if it is not honored, CTFC is happily suing brokers not stating that, in case of offshore brokers, they do not accept US residents as clients)

Thanks mate. I also got to know this now.

Most "ALL" brokers use plugins to screw their clients , US regulated brokers are less likely to do so because they are audited

MiniMe:
Most "ALL" brokers use plugins to screw their clients , US regulated brokers are less likely to do so because they are audited

Do you have any examples?

mladen:

Good explaination, I didn't know that

MaksymGra:
Do you have any examples?

Sure plenty if needed

First check the videos in this post

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/9574-instaforex-www-instaforex-com/page149#comment_653357

Also check these two links

Mt4 Server Plugins

Mt4 Server Plugins

Two brokers by name : FXDD and IC Markets refused my application for PAMM after they saw my statement and how I hedge my trades.

I got screwed by many well known brokers because of their plugins , some of which are Alapri and IBFX and Gain Capital

Most"ALL" brokers use plugins, and thats why a system developed and tested over year when placed on a real market works for few months , then the broker pull the plug on it .

A very obvious example is news trading , back in 2004 till 2007 it was fun and profitable to trade news , you can't do that these days without getting screwed with the spread or MT4 freeze , another example is the night scalpers , brokers will stop you ,no matter how good your system were

You will have the best feed and execution as long as you lose money , the day you start making money and taking that money out of the account the day you will be moved to another server and face re-qoutes , bad fills , MT4 freeze ... etc

Just keep in mind we don't trade the forex market , we trade the forex feed INSIDE the broker server , so ECN , no dealing desk , fast fill .... is all B.S because at the end ur trade will never leave the broker server unless you trade a 50M$ account with a bank.

MiniMe:
Sure plenty if needed

First check the videos in this post

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/9574-instaforex-www-instaforex-com/page149#comment_653357

Also check these two links

Mt4 Server Plugins

Mt4 Server Plugins

Two brokers by name : FXDD and IC Markets refused my application for PAMM after they saw my statement and how I hedge my trades.

I got screwed by many well known brokers because of their plugins , some of which are Alapri and IBFX and Gain Capital

Most"ALL" brokers use plugins, and thats why a system developed and tested over year when placed on a real market works for few months , then the broker pull the plug on it .

A very obvious example is news trading , back in 2004 till 2007 it was fun and profitable to trade news , you can't do that these days without getting screwed with the spread or MT4 freeze , another example is the night scalpers , brokers will stop you ,no matter how good your system were

You will have the best feed and execution as long as you lose money , the day you start making money and taking that money out of the account the day you will be moved to another server and face re-qoutes , bad fills , MT4 freeze ... etc

Just keep in mind we don't trade the forex market , we trade the forex feed INSIDE the broker server , so ECN , no dealing desk , fast fill .... is all B.S because at the end ur trade will never leave the broker server unless you trade a 50M$ account with a bank.

Hi Minime,

That's an interesting post.

Could you please tell us how do you handle with that situation?

Change the name of tools used? Changes the names of the EA's? Manual close?

Interesting co's I sometimes live that situation too.

Have a good WE.

Take care.

Sincerely

Tomcat98

Have a look at this article CFTC Sues 11 Foreign Currency Firms in Second Nationwide Sweep Against Unregistered Firms

This will shed more light on why many brokers never deal with US clients.

PAT

Reason: