MT4 / MT5 Linux compatibility

There are not MT4 / MT5 Linux versions BUT the good news is that MT4 installed and work OK on Linux Wine (Windows Emulator) Ver 1.2.

I test for 7 Days MT4 on Linux Ubuntu10.4 + WINE 1.2 with EA loaded and auto Open/Close/Trailing all orders without problem.

The MT4 installation on WINE worked OK as Windows.

If you don't want to install MT4 on Linux WINE, you can run MT4 direct from Windows program files MT4 directory after C: disk mount, with all profile properties that you have installed on windows.

This is important because some VPS Servers use Linux as OS.

I Try the same thing with MT5 but installation don't start.

I copy the directory of MT5 from windows to Linux WINE program files and i try to run but i take the message "A debugger has been found running in your system. Please, unload it from memory and restart your program".

Unfortunately the MT5 don't work on Linux WINE, the only executive file in MT5 file list that is running OK without problems is metaeditor.exe.

Please send me information if you have any opinion for this problem repairing.

Who know MT5 can install under IPad (macos)?

redeingel:

There are not MT4 / MT5 Linux versions BUT the good news is that MT4 installed and work OK on Linux Wine (Windows Emulator) Ver 1.2.

I test for 7 Days MT4 on Linux Ubuntu10.4 + WINE 1.2 with EA loaded and auto Open/Close/Trailing all orders without problem.

The MT4 installation on WINE worked OK as Windows.

If you don't want to install MT4 on Linux WINE, you can run MT4 direct from Windows program files MT4 directory after C: disk mount, with all profile properties that you have installed on windows.

This is important because some VPS Servers use Linux as OS.

I Try the same thing with MT5 but installation don't start.

I copy the directory of MT5 from windows to Linux WINE program files and i try to run but i take the message "A debugger has been found running in your system. Please, unload it from memory and restart your program".

Unfortunately the MT5 don't work on Linux WINE, the only executive file in MT5 file list that is running OK without problems is metaeditor.exe.

Please send me information if you have any opinion for this problem repairing.

Maybe this will help:

http://mql5.blogspot.com/2010/09/metatrader-5-on-ubuntu-linux-1004.html

BR,

Investeo 

Reason: