Metatrader 5 coding questions / issues - page 12

mladen:
Doc From the code it should not be possible (since your code would open buy only if there is no open position for that symbol) but have to check more

I know! It's something crazy...when closing there is only trReq.volume=POSITION_VOLUME; coded

Good morning Mladen,

I tried again without success, I thought it was a bug of mt5 instead probably is only my falls...please take a look at the code with indicator used.

Thanks as usual

doc

Files:
x_tsd_2.mq5  16 kb

ea should open a buy when bid price is = or above the upper band

and close it only if bid price is = or below the lower band or if it take profit (viceversa for sell)

if((curBidVal>=upenvelope[0])&&(spread<=maxspread)&& timecond && getLastOrderType(_Symbol)!=1) OpenBuySignal = 1;

if(((curBidVal<=dnenvelope[0])&&(spread=MinPips)&&(spread<=maxspread))) CloseBuySignal = 1;

and why it starts with 1 lot than close it with 3 lots???

As you can see here, nothing has rispected...but why?

Files:
11_1.png  46 kb

dr.house7:

and close it only if bid price is = or below the lower band or if it take profit (viceversa for sell)

if((curBidVal>=upenvelope[0])&&(spread<=maxspread)&& timecond && getLastOrderType(_Symbol)!=1) OpenBuySignal = 1;

if(((curBidVal<=dnenvelope[0])&&(spread=MinPips)&&(spread<=maxspread))) CloseBuySignal = 1;

Doc

Will test it and will try to find a reason why it does it

dr.house7:

Doc

Something is wrong with that kind of lots calculation (lots can not be calculated only from balance and percentage) Some other way of calculating lots must be used

A function similar to this could be used to calculate lot size but for this kind of calculation you have to have a known stop loss (not just the percentage that should be used) :

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//

//

//

//

//

//

//

double getLots(double BaseLot, double risk, double stopLossDistance)

{

double TickValue = SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE);

double MinLots = NormalizeDouble(SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_VOLUME_MIN) ,2);

double MaxLots = NormalizeDouble(SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_VOLUME_MAX) ,2);

double LotStep = NormalizeDouble(SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_VOLUME_STEP),2);

double lots = BaseLot;

int LotDigit;

if (LotStep==1) LotDigit=0;

if (LotStep==0.1) LotDigit=1;

if (LotStep==0.01) LotDigit=2;

if (risk>0 && stopLossDistance>0)

{

if (AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_BALANCE)>AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_FREEMARGIN))

lots = NormalizeDouble(AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_FREEMARGIN)*(risk/100.0)/(stopLossDistance*TickValue/_Point),LotDigit);

else lots = NormalizeDouble(AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_BALANCE) *(risk/100.0)/(stopLossDistance*TickValue/_Point),LotDigit);

}

return(MathMax(MathMin(lots,MaxLots),MinLots));

}

PS: attaching this EA (I think it was already posted, but am not sure) that is coded the simplest way possible for metatrader 5 with some additional features that might help or can be used as a frame for coding EAs using metatrader 5 MQL5

Files:

mladen:
PS: attaching this EA (I think it was already posted, but am not sure) that is coded the simplest way possible for metatrader 5 with some additional features that might help or can be used as a frame for coding EAs in using metatrader 5

Thanks Mladen,

but my signal is ontick mode so I cannot use those void and I don't have a SL fixed

dr.house7:
Thanks Mladen, but my signal is ontick mode so I cannot use those void and I don't have a SL fixed

Doc

It works on every tick (it is not limited by that - see the OnTick() procedure - all that has to be changed is the way how checkEntry() works and to call it from ManageOpened() too - then you would have a simple way of managing already opened orders/positions from ManageOpened() and opening new orders/positions from checkForOpen())

As of lack of stop loss : not difficult to add something like this in the ManageOpened()

trade.PositionClose(_Symbol);

when the signal type changes and then it would work even without stop loss (but with a fixed lot size)

mladen:
Doc

It works on every tick (it is not limited by that - see the OnTick() procedure - all that has to be changed is the way how checkEntry() works and to call it from ManageOpened() too - then you would have a simple way of managing already opened orders/positions from ManageOpened() and opening new orders/positions from checkForOpen())

As of lack of stop loss : not difficult to add something like this in the ManageOpened()

trade.PositionClose(_Symbol);

when the signal type changes and then it would work even without stop loss (but with a fixed lot size)

I need to try a bit...

by the way, I did delete all the StopCycle filter from the first code, that is probably the main problem, but I thought it was useless with OpenBuySignal condition...

A normal mind, find the C + + language really stupid, now I know why it has been replaced by many other languages ​​leaner and more dynamic

Reason: