SOROS: Gold Has Been Destroyed As A Safe Haven

There's a new interview with George Soros out in the popular Hong Kong newspaper the South China Morning Post.

A lot of the interview is about the Chinese development model, Chinese stocks, real estate, etc.

There's also an interesting section about gold.

Q: What is your view on gold?

A: That’s a complicated question. It has disappointed the public, because it is meant to be the ultimate safe haven. But when the euro was close to collapsing in the last year, actually gold went down, because if people needed to sell something, they could sell gold. Therefore they sold gold. So gold went down together with everything else.

Gold was destroyed as a safe haven, proved to be unsafe. Because of the disappointment, most people are reducing their holdings of gold. But the central banks will continue to buy them, so I don’t expect gold to go down. If you have the prospect of a crisis, you will have occasional flurries or jumps. So gold is very volatile on a day-to-day basis, no trend on a longer-term basis.

read more ...

Even though his reasons for saying so are questionable, this time I couldn't agree more

Possibly should of said SOROS Has Destroyed Gold As A Safe Haven

funny how they only spread the doom at nr bottoms and around possible reversal areas, not at tops before massive selloffs

look on a monthly chart with certain indicators and Gold is most likely nr its bottom

maybe it goes to $1400 approx, but then up it goes again to 1800 by September

(this yr)

agree though its a dodgy trade at the minute and better elsewhere

and have to be very careful as the Gold manipulators seem much more intent on stopping anyone else making any good money

or that wont turn you grey in the process or into a shrived old prune like Soros

once heard of a new trader who blew his whole inheritance of 25k in a few wks trying to trade Gold, longing at the beginning of the selloff

Just my pennies worth, think Mr Soros is buying gold now, and he wants the average trader/invester to start selling gold now, meaning more in his bottomless pockets.

As I said already : his reasons to talk that way are questionable at the least since he is blaming "small speculators" for what is going on

Reason: