When web applications will

Hello,

This discussions started couple weeks ago within a private group.

Are apps going to replace traditional trading platforms?

Or

Are apps already replacing our old and traditional trading platforms, right now?

Do you think this will never happen?

I think ancient platforms like Tradestation or Metatrader have days count. What do you think?

In my opinion, if they solve the possible security issue (open API usually does not go with too much security) then we just might see completely different ways of trading in a couple of years and the dependance on platforms like metatrader might end very quickly in that case ... But there are still a lot of steps to go to reach that stage

Linuxser:
Hello,

Or

Are apps already replacing our old and traditional trading platforms, right now?

I think ancient platforms like Tradestation or Metatrader have days count. What do you think?

Interesting question

Linuxser:
Hello,

Or

That's an interesting question:

Multiples points of consideration: security (sic Mladen), private developed algos and tools, interest of the market in traditional trading platforms...

Forex has had a deep evolution in the past years. Promising of "gold sky s to newbies" to "traps for newbies".

From traditional platforms acting on spot forex, it has nowadays evolved towards more simple apps covering simpler financial markets (binary options, spread betting and so on...) as throw attracting more new traders. Intermediate platforms (as MT4) will remain for a certain time.

I am afraid that a gap will soon be built between pro-traders using powerful "traditional platforms" as Reuter and apps for newbies. In between there is enough space for traditional retail trader using MT4.

Tomcat98

mladen:
In my opinion, if they solve the possible security issue (open API usually does not go with too much security) then we just might see completely different ways of trading in a couple of years and the dependance on platforms like metatrader might end very quickly in that case ... But there are still a lot of steps to go to reach that stage

Trading apps are getting more sophisticated and user-friendly. But they still lack some of the comprehensive charting features that are available in traditional MT4 platforms.

Trading apps are still more or less a complement to traditional platforms rather than a replacement. I believe it is a matter of time when technological advancement in mobile platform will render traditional platforms like MT4 obsolete. But until then, I am still heavily reliant on MT4 on my laptop although my broker FXPRIMUS does provide the applications for me to trade on my mobile.

Linuxser:
Hello,

Or

If you're fan of Linux you should agree that web apps takes out people freedom to do wat thay want.

Yes. You're right.

But I can't make me blind from "market" and seems is the way chosen by "market makers"

Then how will we have our own indicators and experts? If every app can have it's own way of working (non standardized as far as custom coding is concerned)

Here is some more info on apps and development as well as privacy (security) guidelines : ftc suggests do not track feature for mobile software and apps.It seems that some parts of the security is worked on already

Reason: