Facebook stocks ... - page 8

Still falling down ...
FB:US 17.7290 USD 0.3290 1.82% Share As of 20:10:00 ET on 09/04/2012.

Files:

Mark Zuckerberg not to sell shares for a year

Mark Zuckerberg has said that he will not sell any of his shares in Facebook for at least one year in a bid to shore up investor confidence.

BBC News - Facebook: Mark Zuckerberg not to sell shares for a year

PS: posting this more as a return point (after that year) than anything else

One good day for face book ... guess someone believes the above statement. I hope they are not wrong

FB:US 18.5800 USD 0.8510 4.80%Share As of 20:10:00 ET on 09/05/2012.

Files:

Facebook Investors Know Exactly Whom to Blame

Who is to blame for Facebook Inc. (FB)’s initial public offering? Is it Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook’s founder and chief executive officer? Someone else at the social- networking website? Morgan Stanley (MS), the bank that led the deal? Nasdaq, which botched the stock’s early trading?

If you lost money on Facebook shares, which have given up about half their value since the company’s IPO, the answer is: none of these.

Ever since Facebook debuted in May, only to begin plunging in value within a few days, I hoped somebody of note would speak out publicly to take personal responsibility for losing money on this stock, rather than pointing fingers at others. A few days ago, it happened.

Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks basketball team, wrote a post on his blog in response to a column in which Andrew Ross Sorkin of the New York Times pinned the blame on David Ebersman, Facebook’s chief financial officer. Cuban said:

“I bought and sold FB shares as a TRADE, not an investment. I lost money. When the stock didn’t bounce as I thought/hoped it would, I realized I was wrong and got out. It wasn’t the fault of the FB CFO that I lost money. It was my fault. I know that no one sells me shares of stock because they expect the price of the stock to go up. So someone saw me coming and they sold me the stock. That is the way the stock market works. When you sit at the trading terminal you look for the sucker. When you don’t see one, it’s you. In this case it was me.”

Facebook Investors Know Exactly Whom to Blame - Bloomberg

The usual floating ... no buyers but no sellers either now

FB:US 18.8100 USD 0.1700 0.90% Share As of 20:10:00 ET on 09/10/2012.
Files:

Zuckerberg to Come Out of 'Shell' at TechCrunch

Facebook investors will find out Tuesday whether CEO Mark Zuckerbergcan finally shift attention to the company's future from its botched IPO.

The hoodie-wearing CEO is scheduled to speakat the TechCrunch conference in San Francisco. His comments will be a rare break in the dearth of public information since the social-network giant's initial public offeringof stock in May.

"He's retreated into his shell," says Francis Gaskins of IPOdesktop.com. "He has to be out there and be visible."

Zuckerberg to Come Out of 'Shell' at TechCrunch - US Business News - CNBC

Facebook Rises After CEO Says He’s Addressing Missteps in Mobile

Facebook Inc. (FB) rose in late trading yesterday after Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg said he’s addressing the missteps that have made it hard to reap the benefits of mobile advertising.

“Now we are a mobile company,” Zuckerberg said in an on- stage interview at the TechCrunch Disrupt conference in San Francisco yesterday, his first since Facebook's initial public offering. “Over the next three to five years I think the biggest question that is on everyone’s minds, that will determine our performance over that period, is really how well we do with mobile.”

Facebook Rises After CEO Says He’s Addressing Missteps in Mobile - Bloomberg

FB:US 19.4300 USD 0.6200 3.30% Share As of 20:10:00 ET on 09/11/2012.

Zuckerberg: Facebook Will Make More Money on Mobile Than Desktop

Reaction to Zuckerberg statements :

"Facebook is a mobile company and it will make more money from its mobile platform than from its desktop website in the long-term, Mark Zuckerberg said Tuesday at a TechCrunch conference in San Francisco."

Zuckerberg: Facebook Will Make More Money on Mobile Than Desktop - US Business News - CNBC

FB:US 20.9310 USD 1.5010 7.73% Share As of 20:10:00 ET on 09/12/2012.

Files:

This (yesterday changes) is more a result of FOMC statements than anything else

FB:US 20.7130 USD -0.2180 -1.04%Share As of 20:10:00 ET on 09/13/2012.

Files:
facebook.gif  13 kb

A good day for facebook stocks. It seems that even they are flying on the wings of FED decisions

FB:US 22.0000 USD 1.2870 6.21%Share As of 20:10:00 ET on 09/14/2012.

Files:
Reason: