EA for big market moves >looking for coder< - page 2

It's me again. I made some small modifications to EA. Now it will not stop, if gap occured, it just ignore it but it is temporary solution. Also I included "DEBUG" variable. Set it to true to see debug messages. May be useful...

I have several ideas how to optimize, but I need time for this

just a taught

any chance of putting a filter that will allow the ea to take long positions if price above an ema and short positions if price bellow . The value of the ema should be inserted at the inputs... I still believe that going with the trend is the right choice

mihai27:
any chance of putting a filter that will allow the ea to take long positions if price above an ema and short positions if price bellow . The value of the ema should be inserted at the inputs... I still believe that going with the trend is the right choice

It may sounds interesting, but all MAs are lagging. We will filter bad trades also as good trades. The result will be all the same

Testing-optimizing

I did an optimisation of EA on Jan-Apr of 2010 and then run test from Jan 2010 to today. Results are not impressive. On the picture below, trades starting from 110 are out of optimisation period...

Files:
testergraph.gif  13 kb

even if lagging....

i am curently using a system of 3 ema`s 5, 15 and 60 plus the colors ma... and down at the bar i have a ssl wich is telling me the trend from the 4h period . Well , if the ssl is green and price retraces until the 15 ema, idealy 60 on the 15 mins chart i buy and it is quite accurate more than 70 % of the time actually ... the other way around for when ssl is red ... it seems to be working just fine . Now please , have a taught at this, maybe not an lagging ema but a lagging ssl , i think it stands more chances of success.....

But hey , that`s just my opinion ...

To me is interesting the idea because i believe price action is the best indicator possible , but when you go with the trend ...

mihai27:
have a taught at this, maybe not an lagging ema but a lagging ssl , i think it stands more chances of success.....

But hey , that`s just my opinion ...

To me is interesting the idea because i believe price action is the best indicator possible , but when you go with the trend ...

Yes, I agree, that "trend is your friend" and I not wanted to criticize your method of trend finding. Sorry if my words were interpreted differently. I mean, that this strategy use price action and we should adhere to this method and not mix different techniques Ideally, this strategy also should catch counter-trend moves (that would be impossible with MAs and other indicators based on them).

BTW, may be thread author have another opinion or trade report

And, mihai, what is "ssl"?

i took

i took the ssl system from here ... https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180666

look at the first post .

sorry

it ain`t a ssl system , the ssl bar acts just like filter, and it does it pretty good.

the original

the original system gives an long entry when non lag ma turns from red to green , and ssl is green for a decent time already , but me i am using the non lag ma as a re-entry position, my original entry is where the price drops close to the ema 15 ore even better ema 60 .... but hey , that`s just my way of trading it , im not saying it is good ore wrong but it worked for me

about price action EA`s

There is also an EA here... https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/13128-indicator-and-or-ea-needed-for-my-pa-super-entry-method the author made a very good work on explaining everything and the Ea is out and working ... Thank you Blazan ....

If you believe as well that best indicator is PA , well you should have a look at it , but it is for trading the longer time frames like 4 Hours .... This project here should be trading the smaller time frames and i wish everything will turn out ok .

Let`s make some pips

Reason: