Re-writing the MQL4 Course

Hi Folks,

Recently I've started re-writing my MQL4 course.

I want to know your comments. And does it useful to re-write the course or not.

Please review my first three lessons here:

MQL4 COURSE

xx3xxx:
using real life example for ARRAY explanation please

quite a few usual array move will not be APPLICABLE in MQ4 compiler

faced those decompiler issue before, but I did resolve that too -- using more stupid method

coder expert is back

Thank you for the good suggestion!

using real life example for ARRAY explanation please

quite a few usual array move will not be APPLICABLE in MQ4 compiler

faced those decompiler issue before, but I did resolve that too -- using more stupid method

coder expert is back

my point is -- even the example in MQ4 HELP section -- help is not easier to find in MQ4 iconic buttons

that example does not even work, so I put the element in one by one , in a new array that I build -- stupid , right?!

of course, I also see loop bracketing an array that work, but when I try it, I have to "work around" it

most people want that when indicator turn to zero level again, send them a SMS or email etc

--- but I guess those people ask to make an indicator become non-repaint is a bit lazy, as the code are really standard to make an indicator non-repaint

I am new to coding and these "coding help instructions" do lots of wonders. Your nick pops up a lot during my past weeks of learning how to read mq4 files. And for that, my sincere thanks for the effort to help we newbies.

Based on my quick scan of of the older manual and my noobie experiences in coding, here are some of my recommendations to improve the manual:

a) try it out sample codes for newbie to work on in a dummy account, that might help them to learn better. Some of the basics like : For, while, array[], swapping of values in an array....etc

b) Print screen or actual display of the answers.

c) How to implement a project. Initial simple flowchart that was began by a problem identified, followed by a modified flowchart that sorted out the inner lining of the algorithm. And the actual code itself, followed on by the testing phrase. *dont know if it is too lengthy/confusing to explain in such extent or details.

d) specific colorization of the variables, constants, operators etc. Similar to what we see if we do actual coding.

Just some random thoughts running wild.

great tips

Thank you very much!

These are great tips!

NMSS_2:
I am new to coding and these "coding help instructions" do lots of wonders. Your nick pops up a lot during my past weeks of learning how to read mq4 files. And for that, my sincere thanks for the effort to help we newbies.

Based on my quick scan of of the older manual and my noobie experiences in coding, here are some of my recommendations to improve the manual:

a) try it out sample codes for newbie to work on in a dummy account, that might help them to learn better. Some of the basics like : For, while, array[], swapping of values in an array....etc

b) Print screen or actual display of the answers.

c) How to implement a project. Initial simple flowchart that was began by a problem identified, followed by a modified flowchart that sorted out the inner lining of the algorithm. And the actual code itself, followed on by the testing phrase. *dont know if it is too lengthy/confusing to explain in such extent or details.

d) specific colorization of the variables, constants, operators etc. Similar to what we see if we do actual coding.

Just some random thoughts running wild.

codersguru:
Hi Folks,

Recently I've started re-writing my MQL4 course.

I want to know your comments. And does it useful to re-write the course or not.

Please review my first three lessons here:

MQL4 COURSE

Wellcome back.

Starikov wrote a book. Go to:

Preface - MQL4 Tutorial

Few tips.

Bongo

P.S.

Dont waste your time with MQL4,

start with MQL5!

Reason: