Kaufman AMA break out EA - page 2

e

Hi,

Any news of this EA ? Some problem with my vps, so can`t test it on live very well . . .

How can we follow it ? Any direct link ?

It is the previous version:

Kaufman AMA Breakout 009, EURJPY | Rent a Signal

and some more as 1 pair - 1 signal.

may be - I will need to post the statements? It is very profitable for some pairs, and not - for some other pairs ...

But it is very previous version (this signal) and as I know - Mladen posted new version.

So, it may be good if I will start to forward test this new one.

By the way, as I see - your question was for frederic (not for me)

newdigital:
It is the previous version:

By the way, as I see - your question was for frederic (not for me)

Not only to him . . .

I will start to forward test this new version.

But I need to start new Brainwashing EA first (created by MrTools yesterday for elite section): in this new Brainwashing - the iTrend levels are optimized automatically on the same way as I am doing every week manually. Seems - it is the first EA with permanent "optimizing" parameters during the trading.

So, I will post new Brainwashing here in elite section, start forward test it, and after that only - I can start testing this new Kaufman.

possible?

I will have a look on the new brainwashing EA.

I have found a simple and good indictaor on this section. Is it possible to get an EA with it? Based only on the change of the indicator. Nothing complicated. Entry long on green, close on red and entry short and continue like that.

Is it possible ?

Post a request on this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178397 and the coders will look if they are not busy for example.

Retracement option for lower timeframes?

mladen:
Kaufman AMA breakout files...

This is a great tool and resource for the Elite Section users.

I think its worth is not yet known and will be revealed with additional time, use and research.

I heartily recommend it to everyone.

After a signal, it is often helpful to enter a trade on a retracement; this is especially so on lower timeframes.

The old adage about 'making a profit more from what you paid for the thing than what you sold it for' certainly applies to trading.

With relatively few pips available on the lower timeframes, passing on the trade if you don't get YOUR price is often a good decision.

I have used something like this in the past...

extern double PriceRetrace = 0.50;

double SellPrice = iHigh(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,1) - ((iHigh(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,1) - iLow(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,1)) * PriceRetrace);

double BuyPrice = iLow(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,1) + ((iHigh(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,1) - iLow(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,1)) * PriceRetrace) ;

Would it make sense to add this capability to this fine tool?

Not being a programmer, I hate to make the attempt myself; for I am sure to not accomplish the task in nearly an elegant fashion as required.

Then again, perhaps this is code bloat and should be ignored in favor of finding a better signal?

KAMA trail ema filter

I'm sure one of you guys can help me with this question...

Using the KAMA EA...

Configured the trailing ema filter...

It stopped out as seen in the picture...

Question is, why would you want to get stopped out like this?

Is this a scalping-type decision?

If you're going short, you expect the price to drop.

Why would you want to stop when the price crosses the ema?

Or, are there different shifts (negative?) to use that make this more attractive?

Using the defaults, I cannot imagine anything but a scalp stop.

Thanks.

Files:

adeo

It is an effect of a EMA trailing stop and is (the stop loss) adjusted according to EMA values. It works well in trending markets but does not work well in sudden price reversals

But I would like to tell a bit more : once I read a story about robots in which it was told that we can make a robot that makes a car for example but we can not make a robot that ties shoe laces.

The same thing goes with EAs : we (men - people) are constantly underestimating the role of our minds in decisions and the complexity of the decisions we are making. For example, breaking down the rule "expecting the price to ..." to sub-rules in an EA would be impossible if we take into account all the things that are going through our minds when we think of it (there are so many "sub-rules" that the lag of all of them combined would be to big for reasonable usage) Until we find a way to process as much sub-rules we need without accumulating lag we are going to be forced to battle with rules on a more basic level (which means : less precision and less "intuition" (I know that a lot say that intuition has nothing to do with trading but I guess that those are the ones using it (the intuition) the most)

regards

Mladen

adeo:
I'm sure one of you guys can help me with this question...

Using the KAMA EA...

Configured the trailing ema filter...

It stopped out as seen in the picture...

Question is, why would you want to get stopped out like this?

Is this a scalping-type decision?

If you're going short, you expect the price to drop.

Why would you want to stop when the price crosses the ema?

Or, are there different shifts (negative?) to use that make this more attractive?

Using the defaults, I cannot imagine anything but a scalp stop.

Thanks.

KAMA trail ema filter

mladen:
adeo

It is an effect of a EMA trailing stop and is (the stop loss) adjusted according to EMA values. It works well in trending markets but does not work well in sudden price reversals

Thanks for that explanation, Mladen.

However, looking at the picture....

Would this trail stop be used with an entry as early as this one or with an entry that would be later - as in after the price had rolled over.

If the later, I can see the ema filter's purpose - the ema is above the price action and would stop the trade if (when) price rises to meet the ema.

In the picture shown, the ema's use seems counter-intuitive

Reason: