What do you want in a new Forex informational Website? - page 2

Cyclesurfer:
Could you elaborate?

no censorship, no moderators

Some good moderators and some censorship!

tutorials are always welcome... and lots of illustrated examples.

How far have you came till now?

Maybe already a beta version which we can check out?

There is alot of information that would be useful for traders to use as a one stop shop regarding information and data.

1)Economic calender with only medium and high priority releases and previous,expected,and actual data in %.

2)daily,weekly,monthly,quartely daily range in actual and average on all pairs even exotics

3)Broker information that is useful like Ecn,stp,both and or marketmaker..also stopout levels and scalping yes or no.including links to low start up currenex accounts with contacts(im sure they'll compensate for your trouble but remember its about quality and refuse unsavory brokers business no matter what they will pay you for ads as your giving quality information not useless quantitiy.Thats why we stop in to see you.

4)daily,weekly ,monthly pivot levels

5)fibonacci levels calulated auto daily

6)Expert advisor programmer list (and free EAgenerator download)

7)Autochartist contact download and information

8)signal service providers list and not useless dead ends but real solutions from performance proven providers or your own brand of signals but make sure they are valid and produce more than 75/25 average.

9)regulation rules and what brokers are in litigation you could call it unbelievable forex news a sort of trader protection awareness that has valid information and not a bunch of broker reps giving bad reviews to boost sales.Call it squawk

10)A board of the voted best available indicators that is ever changing and posted for downloads.Thats how you get a traffic jam.

@Chunnel, that woudn't really be too hard to come up with. I would LOVE if there was a site that actually earned revenue from ads or donations and then used that to buy these 'Forex Robots' and charts and what not and then showed it's actual performance.

kevinator:
There is alot of information that would be useful for traders to use as a one stop shop regarding information and data.

1)Economic calender with only medium and high priority releases and previous,expected,and actual data in %.

2)daily,weekly,monthly,quartely daily range in actual and average on all pairs even exotics

3)Broker information that is useful like Ecn,stp,both and or marketmaker..also stopout levels and scalping yes or no.including links to low start up currenex accounts with contacts(im sure they'll compensate for your trouble but remember its about quality and refuse unsavory brokers business no matter what they will pay you for ads as your giving quality information not useless quantitiy.Thats why we stop in to see you.

4)daily,weekly ,monthly pivot levels

5)fibonacci levels calulated auto daily

6)Expert advisor programmer list (and free EAgenerator download)

7)Autochartist contact download and information

8)signal service providers list and not useless dead ends but real solutions from performance proven providers or your own brand of signals but make sure they are valid and produce more than 75/25 average.

9)regulation rules and what brokers are in litigation you could call it unbelievable forex news a sort of trader protection awareness that has valid information and not a bunch of broker reps giving bad reviews to boost sales.Call it squawk

10)A board of the voted best available indicators that is ever changing and posted for downloads.Thats how you get a traffic jam.

Thanks for all the great answers guys! Sorry I havn't been around. I do have a beta but frankly it's currently too ugly to release. The above post is extremely useful. Thanks Kevinator. Thanks guys and if you think of anything please let me know!

My end game with the site is a sort of Work Bench for registered members where they can keep all of their Forex related data in one place. This would include system information, trading journal, useful links, pretty much anything you can think of.

It would be free but there would be ads on the site. There just isn't any other feasable way to cover costs.

This is a lot of programming so progress will be slow. If anyone wants to partner up I'm open to it. I have a lot of projects going atm.

What would guys think of a 'call out' section where members can call out scammers? Then we'd send them a link to the post and they can come and defend themselves. The internet has far too little transparency imo.

Savvy traders would be able to tell immediatly whether the suspected scammer replied to the complaint with a canned responce or whether they actually put some thought into it.

They'd also be able to post their charts, statements, etc. Just keep in mind that this stuff can be faked.

Best advice, and this would be a sticky, is to never buy any kind of Forex bot.

Use the money instead on a reputable Forex coach. They are hard to come by and I know a lot are willing to work with you on cost if you are truly passionate about it. And yes, here too, you find scammers, so caution must be taken.

EDIT:

I just had an idea:

What about an open source website? By the people for the people?

I could provide hosting, moderators, etc. If we get a huge following we could add a donation link or tip jar and probably dispense of ads.

Just a thought.

GreatYves:
Trading method(s) that actually work.

GreatTves,

See my post here on why indicators don't work:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180071

Pava:
no censorship, no moderators

No censorship?

Agreed

No moderators?

Impossible

Never Any Ads

I've decided that the site will never host any ads, period. I hate ads as much as the next person so I won't force them on anyone. The site will be totally user supported, so I'll get something out of it only if you guys do.

The domain is www.forextinkerer.com but I still have it parked. Expect the site to be up in a month or so BUT advanced features will be rolled out slowly over a course of the next few months. I promise that Tinkerer will eventually be a mecca for us traders..but I'm a one man band so please bear with me.

Reason: