GAP trading - page 2

blott203:
HI Doshur,

"1. The Gap is in Pip size

2. TP and SL Factor is using ATR to calculate so if you input 1, it is equal to 1 X ATR value

3. my broker is alpari uk, 5 digits"

Thanks for the info, though I would appreciate a little more clarification on how I can convert ATR values to pip values. Would it not be possible to specify SL & TP in pips insted of ATR?

I did a Strat Test from 1st Sept - 16th Oct using the following inputs:-

Gap Range = 2

SL = 10

TP = 4

(GBPUSD M15)

Net profit $773

Questions:-

1) I input risk of 0.1 yet the results showed all trades were taken with lots 0.32. Can Risk be changed to lots value?

2) It also put on mid-week trades, not just Sunday trades.

3) It missed e.g. a trade on Oct 5th, with an 18 pip gap (input gap 2).

5) All the losing trades were BUY trades that went the wrong way. All SELL trades went in the right direction i.e. opposite to the gap direction.

6) How does it decide which direction to go in? Gap trading should be in the oopposite direction to the gap, yet some trades went in the same direction. But, if we can find out why all the wrong trades were buy trades, maybe trading opposite to the gap direction isn't so important.

When I did the Strat TEst opver 7 month, the results were -$1888,

As it stands, ATR factor is not very useful to me, as I can't quantify what the SL & TP will be in pips. Would it be possible to change SL TP to a pips value?

I would welcome your comments and suggestions please.

Cheers,

Mike

My code is easy to change. Just get a programmer to do it for you.

This EA is using position sizing money management. Risk means using how many percent of your capital.

Fill the Gaps with Guts!

Getting idea on FX forum I Google the Internet for Gaps strategies and put together a PDF which will be very useful for those who seek the truth.

DepositFiles

If anybody has more Gaps indicators or constructive ideas on Gaps please, feel free to express yourself.

Enjoy Hermes

Reason: