Trading Sideways Markets - page 2

EA for this system

Ok, Made a EA Based off of this system but we need some tweaking to get better results and less losses. I put notes in the code where this could be done. If all the programmers added a bit of there ideas to this it would rock. So please if you make changes to this that works better be sure to repost the codes.

Things to do here:

Figure out a better trigger

See if we are counting up or down to buy or sale

A predicting stop loss mover would help reduce loss

And on the indi, it only returns for gbp and eur so far --got lazy...

Ok Have fun, lets see what we can change here...

Files:

niteuser:
Ok, Made a EA Based off of this system but we need some tweaking to get better results and less losses. I put notes in the code where this could be done. If all the programmers added a bit of there ideas to this it would rock. So please if you make changes to this that works better be sure to repost the codes.

Things to do here:

Figure out a better trigger

See if we are counting up or down to buy or sale

A predicting stop loss mover would help reduce loss

And on the indi, it only returns for gbp and eur so far --got lazy...

Ok Have fun, lets see what we can change here...

Cool, as soon as the attachments are approved, I'll take a look at the code. Thanks!

How to know if the pair is going sideways after the fact? Even if a pair is moving back/forth 200 PIPs .

et_phonehome_2:
How to know if the pair is going sideways after the fact? Even if a pair is moving back/forth 200 PIPs .

If I've learned anything at all from 10 years of trading, it's: "you won't catch every move". The key (at least for me) is catch the high % moves and leaving the rest alone. If you find a new trade every day, you are probably trading too much...

-- Again, just my opinion, but I bet several of the vet members would agree.

riffster:
If I've learned anything at all from 10 years of trading, it's: "you won't catch every move". The key (at least for me) is catch the high % moves and leaving the rest alone. If you find a new trade every day, you are probably trading too much...

-- Again, just my opinion, but I bet several of the vet members would agree.

I plenty agree ( I am not so vet ).

Anyway, a scalper friend I have says that there is no such thing as "ranging" market. For him, the market is allways trending. It depends on the TF you look

But for me, I still prefer a nice loooooong and sustained trend. That might not happen every day.

fxnewbie:
I plenty agree ( I am not so vet ).

Anyway, a scalper friend I have says that there is no such thing as "ranging" market. For him, the market is allways trending. It depends on the TF you look

But for me, I still prefer a nice loooooong and sustained trend. That might not happen every day.

Yeah, good point about the TF. I should have mentioned at the top of this thread, I was referring to longer trends (i.e. 3 to 7 days usually). Those trends are usually followed by 1 to 3 days of consolidation.

Reason: