Broker Server Disconnections / Risk Mitigation

Hi everyone,

Is anybody aware of an EA that will notify the MT4 account holder via SMS or email if the MT4 platform becomes disconnected from the brokers server for a predetermined amount of time, say 2 minutes?

I am using a scalping EA with quite good success at the moment however I am concerned because I have noticed in the MT4 journal that I am experiencing disconnections from the server. Most of the time it is only for a few seconds or minutes, but there was an occasion a few days ago where it was for several hours. I incurred a larger than normal loss however fortunately it wasn't catastrophic. The EA trades without a stop loss, but rather exits trades on a retrace if it detects a trade is going against it. A S.L. can be set but it is less profitable to trade the EA with a S.L.

I am certain it was not the internet connection that failed because it runs on a VPS with other brokers MT4 platforms and they were not disconnected at the same time.

So can anyone point me in the right direction where to find an EA that will help mitigate the risk of being disconnected from the brokers server for an extended period of time.

Alternatively are there any other suggestions that you can think of.

Cheers, Pye.

try this script

hi,

may be this script can help (sorry no source)

Internet_Controller_script.ex4

dino35:
hi,

http://www.forexfactory.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=182189&d=1229305613

Thanks But Where Can It Be Found?

dino35:
hi,

Thanks, I'm not sure if you meant to upload it or not? I have googled the name of the script and came up with nothing. Where can I find it?

Cheers, pye

Hey, finally found it. You can get it here + Instructions http://www2.oanda.com/cgi-bin/msgboard/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=011009

Something Not Right

I tried using the script on my home computer & I think there may be something wrong with it. Perhaps it is not compatible with the new MT4 build.

The reason I say this is as soon as I attached the script my cooling fans started working very hard, so I checked the task manager and my CPU was working at 60-65% from just 1x MT4 running (nothing else running). When I removed the script the load on the cpu dropped to 5%.

If this load on the cpu is normal for this script then my VPS would not handle it. Thank you anyway. I will email the creator about it.

Reason: