Trading broker price discrepancies

Started this thread for some feedback on an idea. Brokers prices differ. At times a particular brokers price may spike or rise/fall significantly from others. If i were to watch four brokers prices on one pair and one price moved significantly away (up) from the rest , at this point i sell at that broker and buy at one of the others anticipating the return at some time to similar prices of all brokers. Would this work. Any comments welcomed . Thanks for taking the time to read.

I'm distraught to see someone who originally joined in 2005 not already understand the basics of market makers, nonetheless the influences behind price feed differences

Not only has this discussion been around, probably since you join, its the fact that you had to make a thread to centralize the information for you.

Here is the basics-

Forex - Not Centralized

Market Maker - Not a bank

Therefore, depending on the size of your market maker and its price feed, there will be differences.

Will your idea work? No, because how are you going to tell who's lagging, who's overpriced? Unless you can tell me who's more accurate than who, then this won't work.

oneandl:
Started this thread for some feedback on an idea. Brokers prices differ. At times a particular brokers price may spike or rise/fall significantly from others. If i were to watch four brokers prices on one pair and one price moved significantly away (up) from the rest , at this point i sell at that broker and buy at one of the others anticipating the return at some time to similar prices of all brokers. Would this work. Any comments welcomed . Thanks for taking the time to read.

You have answered an old forex question: Why scalping is not allowed.

Reason: