Commercial EA stopped executing trades need help

Hello,

My commercial EA has simply stopped executing trades. I have it working on an Alpari MT4 demo account. It worked ine for two months and then stopped. I have performed all of the trouble shooting I can think of...Upgrade MT4, new install of EA, etc. I am really confused as to what is wrong. I have contacted the programmer and Alpari support. Can someone spare some time and help me get it going again??

Regards,

David

ea

hey david.... many questions come to mind...... such as,

what did the programer say when contacted....

did it stop working after a mt4 "live update".... some ea's compiled under prior versions will need to be recompiled under newer versions.... metaquotes site posts those versions....

should it be trading.... perhaps conditions don't exist to signal trades.....

can you backtest it up to todays date.... purpose to verify missing trades....

is it data dependent.... if so, check your history to verify proper history....

could it be missing a required indicator, or did you by any chance modify any possible needed indicator in any manner..... this includes all indicators.....

do you know someone else with the ea that is currently making trades.....

many more same type questions also......h

Howdy Hayseed thanks for looking.......

Here's what I know so far....

hey david.... many questions come to mind...... such as,

what did the programer say when contacted....

He has answered all of my questions. A little late but answered. Of course he doesn't think the EA is in trouble. He says he has other customers working on it and no problems with their EA. He said that if the code was bad he would have other problems. He will answer any question I have. I think he truly wants to get me going again.

did it stop working after a mt4 "live update".... some ea's compiled under prior versions will need to be recompiled under newer versions.... metaquotes site posts those versions....

Well now. Not sure how to check for this. There is a new load in the journal but it is a week after the EA stopped. Started with 217 and now running 218. I would have to believe that the Pro would have thought of this and not led me on. With that said...I loaded a fresh copy of MT4 from Alpari on a fresh XP machine. I reloaded the copy of EA from the Pro. I let it run for three days with no luck at all.

I have an error in the journal that says "Experts disabled because profile has changed." It has a code 6 associated. Is this an Alpari profile?? Did Alpari change my profile for some reason?? I am not sure of that.

Other EA's are running ok.

should it be trading.... perhaps conditions don't exist to signal trades.....

Yes EA takes two trades a day no matter what. Some are cancelled and some go on for profit or loss. Point is always two trades every day.

can you backtest it up to todays date.... purpose to verify missing trades....

Well it stopped about two weeks ago. I have been trouble shooting it ever since. It has missing trades from about two weeks ago. I have contacted Alpari cust serv. They are also so slow in replies. They aren't sure either. They say that they haven't changed anything in my demo account.

is it data dependent.... if so, check your history to verify proper history....

Yes some what. It is time dependent. Uses GMT to set up channels. I have gone over terminal history in the journal. I can set my stop losses and profit taking data.

could it be missing a required indicator, or did you by any chance modify any possible needed indicator in any manner..... this includes all indicators.....

No for sure everything in indicator world is ok. Pro sent me another copy of EA to work with just in case old one was corrupted. I deleted old one before installing copy.

do you know someone else with the ea that is currently making trades.....

No I don't personally know anyone with the EA. Pro says it should be working.

many more same type questions also......h

Thanks for looking Hayseed if you have other questions send 'em along. It is the only way I can think of to solve this. Very soon I am going to have a concussion from banging my head on the wall.

Regards,

David

Is it a mq4 or a ex4 file? Can you see the code?

further thoughts

hey david..... your journal entry is likely the clue we needed.....

profiles are chart layouts stored with all indicators and experts if any...... on the bottom most bar of the platform there shoud be a word , perhaps default..... click on it and see if any of the selections might relate to your ea....

if so, click on it and see what comes up..... did you make any changes to that profile, any changes at all.....

as a temporary but risky quick fix, and keep in mind i'm totaly in the dark as to the possible outcomes without knowing the ea, go to the top bar of the platform''

click on tools --> options --> expert advisors--> uncheck "disable experts when profile has changed" ....

see if that allows trades.....

how are you operating the ea..... are you using the common simple method like, do you open a single chart and then attach the ea by selecting it from the experts list......

or are you using a template/profile supplied by the programer or one you created yourself.....h

adding, you mentioned it was working in the demo..... does that mean it has continued to place trades these past few weeks.... if so, check the profiles in it using the same method.... are there any profiles that appear to be connected.....

if that demo is still working ok, don't make any changes to it.....h

Reason: